KEF 205.2 or B&W 802D2?

Spending a few days evaluating the last known pair of B&W 802D2 to my KEF 205.2.  Any thoughts on these two fine British loudspeakers??

128x128delpi

Showing 3 responses by delpi

Thanks for your input.  I already own the 205.2s, I've been offered the 802s at a substantial discount.  As you probably know, the 802Ds have been replaced by a updated model, 802D3.
Thanks for your input!  I've done lots of listening....at the expense of chores that should be done, LOL.  They're certainly both very fine speakers.  I already own the 205's.  The 802s are good buy, but I think for my taste, the 205s are better on vocals, and bass, def much more open-better imaging/soundstage.  Although my room is heavy with upholstered furniture, and a thick oriental carpet, the 802s seem to sizzle way too much on the high end.  Bass likep Power is likely not an issue, using a MC452 power amp and a JL Audio F112 (v-1) sub.
I’ve not had the opportunity to listen to the 802D3, so can’t reach any conclusions.  After my evaluation of the D2’s vs my KEF 205’s, I found the KEF’s more musical overall, without the listener fatigue experienced the D2’s too hot high end.  I find piano very realistic from the KEF’s.  I’m always taken when I can hear the harmonics and decay as the piano sounds fade.  Of course the source makes a huge difference too.  
Hope this helps!