KEF 104/2 vs B&W CDM 7 SE

Anyone  heard both or either of these? I own the B&W's and really like them for relaxed listening. They sound decent with great stereo imaging and provide a nice clean sound. My other speakers are Cerwin Vega e310's That are okay for really cranking some rock music and some clips f30 synergies which sound a little harsh to me. 

Been trying to buy some kef q950s on marketplace but it's been a week now but the guy will not get back with me. I ran across a ad for some k e f 104/2 At what I thought was a decent price and they seem to have some pretty decent reviews.

Looking for opinions on both speakers, weaknesses and strengths. 

soundseeker810

Showing 2 responses by petg60

The 104/2 is a fine speaker and better than the 15 years younger B&W but it has nearly 40 years on its back. A long time, suggesting that something would need attention. 

@soundseeker810,

104/2 and Q950 are not made by same cloth. Ther former was in their reference line while the later is a good looking and more economic speaker with an easy going sound (if you want that).

But as you discovered work has to be done to resurrect the 104/2 while the Q950 could most likely be trouble free.