Joule Electra LA-150 MK3 vs MK2?

Apparently there is a MK3 version of the highly regarded LA-150 now and I can't seem to find any info on it. Can anyone tell me how it differs from the MK2? Thanks in advance, John.
jman
Yes, we are using the Clear speaker cables and some of the Clear interconnects in the show system (we didn't have enough Clear interconnects to wire the whole system). It is as it names implies, very clear and pure sounding cable. Pretty amazing micro and macro dynamics. The Cardas Clear speaker cable is just downright goofy good. In comparison to the Golden Ref, its more dynamic, quieter, and more extended at the frequency extremes. With all this clarity, you would think the cable may be all "HiFi" and no music, but it's tone, pitch, decay, body are all there and very pure. With only one Clear (at this time) interconect in the system (Cardas may get us more from them tomorrow), it is a bit harder to get the same beam on the interconnects, but I am hearing very similar things to what the speaker cable did when we swapped in the one interconnect.

BTW, yes $14.8K is ALLOT of green for the new Joule LA-300 preamp, but there are allot of very expensive parts in it.

Hi Rafael,

I'm glad you also got this preamp and that your experience with it is similar to mine. Please let us know more of your impressions later.

Best,

iSanchez

Hi Isanchez! I was going also to write review. Your review reflect that I also feel - this preamp is the best in REALISTIC reproduction of recorded music. Immidiacy, presence and exquisitite details.
Thank you for your review !

All The Best
Rafael

FYI, I posted my impressions of the Joule Electra Marianne Electra Memorial Edition preamplifier here.

Best,

iSanchez

Signaturesound

Thanks for the updates regarding the LA 300. Are you utilizing the new Cardas Clear IC and Speaker cables in your suite, and if so, how do think they compare to the Golden Reference cables? Thank you for your comments.
I iunderstand the LA300ME retails for $14,800. Is it that much better than the LA150MK2 to justify that price?
Update: The preamp (LA-300 Marianne Barber Memorial Line Stage Preamp - Its not called the LA-150MK3) is up and playing in our (merlin/Joule/Cardas) show suite.... sounding very very good so far just only after a half hour of play.
Well Clio, it will just be the usual recent crew at CES this year for Merlin (Bobby and me - Rich Brkich)... Billy hasn't been to a show for a number of years (family obligations and since I'm available he can stay home and be at the plant to get some work done while Bobby is gone! :-)

Anyway, we will have both preamps there (Juds new one and the LAP-150MK2 we have been using at shows for the past few years). Any loan would have to have Jud's explicit permission as well as Bobby's (since he is basically in charge of the show suite and I'm just the help :-) ). We will have to play it by ear. Just gotta hope that all the gear gets there and the GES gorilla's don't trash it (we had some gear busted last years when it was returned from the show).

Bobby and I look forward to seeing you at the show!
I have visited the Merlin room at RMAF each time I've attended. Usually on multiple occasions. Having previously owned an LA-100 MkIII I'm familiar with the Joule sound and quality of the product.

Bobby P's room is always among my favorites at the show. The combination of Joule amps/preamp and Merlin speakers is quite synergistic and results in some incredibly pleasing sound (as further evidenced by other posts here). Bobby P is always a gracious host as well.

I'm quite excited about hearing the new preamp. Since I live in Las Vegas maybe Bobby and Bill will let me borrow it overnight to hear in my system. Of course they'd be welcome to come over for cocktails and to enjoy some music as well. What do you say guys?
Hello Clio09,
Please post your impressions of this preamp and of entire set up.
Thanks in advance
Rafael
Just a update to confirm that Jud is sending out a Memorial Edition preamp for us (Merlin) to use at CES in the Joule/Merlin/Cardas room. Though I am bummed that Jud himself will not be coming to the show, I am looking forward to hearing the preamp, from what Jud has told me there is some interesting stuff inside!
Marianne Electra Memorial Edition Preamp will be presented in Joule-Electra & Merlin Music Systems Room at
Consumer Electronics Show, 2009 January 8-11, at the Venetian Tower Hotel, Room 29-217

Come to listem - there is a chance it will not be complete waste of your time but rather interesting discovery....

Thank you
Hello Jman,
You probably mean new "Marianne Electra Memorial Edition Preamp" which is coming as a new flagship - it will be shown at CES 2009. At that time. I am told the info will appear on the web site. A few people who auditioned prototype were literally "shocked"
All The Best
Rafael
Suggest you contact the source. Call Jud Barber at Joule Electra and ask him. He's a really nice guy and would be happy to answer your questions.