Joseph Audio Speakers never show up used

Why do Joseph Audio speakers so rarely show up used? Do they sell a small number of speakers? (not many dealers?) Or, do owners love them and keep them forever?

I have found myself voting the "Joseph Audio room" in my top 3 at the last several Stereophile shows - and the Pearl speaker sounded fantastic at this most recent show in May. I've been toying with picking up a used RM33i (mini-pearl). I do wonder about their need for substantial power........

Anyway, let's hear from owners or prospective owners, or you if you have an opinion: why do these speakers so rarely show up on Audiogon?

Art
artmaltman
Cdc, I heard each of Joseph's(RM33 or Pearl) only once and only with one setup. Maybe I should listen to Nautilus 802 with Manley electronics later somewhere since Manley electronics are always true for me. I realy don't know how to describe the way RM33 sound but it seemed that they sound like DJ horn-loaded JBL for $150 per pair(whata bargain instead of $7k!)
33i with Classe electronics? Hmmmm. I LOVE the Proac 3.8's but the one time I heard them driven by Classe electronics, they sounded awful. Very nasal. So, your comments on 33i are a good heads-up, that the 33i might not be at a level of sonic quality reflecting it's price and product positioning - but I think a listening with other electronics is called for.
I guess I am just lucky. I bought my RM22si's on this site about 4 months ago and just love them. I have them paired with a Classe Cap-150 integrated, Arcam FMJ CD-23, and Harmonic Tech cables and it sounds great -- very sweet, great imaging, etc. Still have not finished with my room/placement adjustments and can only imagine how much I will love them then.

However, as an earlier posted said, it probably has something to do with love. You won't see my pair on Audiogon unles I die and my girlfriend needs the money.
Art,
In all my logical sence RM33i have relatively large woofer and their sound "bags" a designer to re-design them in order to be a)biwired and b)to have different crossover.

Having thrown into these speakers 350W/ch the bass is uncontrolled and undefined. Mids are harsh. The only good thing i heard is ts..ts..ts..tssss..ts..ts..tssss... that bossa-nova rythm (Ben Webster/Joe Zawinul); but it's not the music to test a full range speaker -- give them some punch with large orchestra or rock and they're literally knocked down... Give'em only quiet acoustic bass, ts..ts.., snare drum with broomes and wispering Ben Webster's sax.
I would rate them in audiorevew rating scale as only one star * on both value and performance.

I've never heard RM22sig but in this case as far as i know there are not too many dealers selling Joseph audio which gives me also guess why...

I went to audition Joseph Pearl on NYH because i realy admire Manley electronics that were back end to these speakers: Manley SteelHead, Manley Shrimp, and Manley Reference 250.
Art,
I am a relative new comer to high end audio, but got interested in it after trying a pair of Joseph Rm-7si sigs as fronts for HT(Onkyo a/v rec. then adding Classe amplification, using the Onkyo as pre/pro). I quickly replaced these with a pair of his Cinergy 5.1's as fronts. I sold one Cinergy here on A'gon (in about 15 minutes) tried Meadowlark Shearwater HR as front's, but they did'nt match well with my other speakers(Joseph & JBL pros). I got a pair of Joseph Rm-50's and Jeff Joseph updated them with his Pearl system crossovers.
You are right, I will not be selling these speakers. I have seen a few Josephs for sale and I am always tempted to buy them when I see them, but there are other things I need (tube pre and another amp or intergrated)to finish my system.
As far as power I am only using 75wpc (I'm sure more will be better)for now and they are doing the job.
Just my 2 cents.
Allen