Jim Winey (Magnepan) has passed away.

Just heard of Jim's passing away quite suddenly, I guess.

I was a dealer for many years.  Jim was great guy and brilliant designer.

R.I.P. Jim...thanks for the panels!!!

128x128mofimadness

Rest in peace Mr. Winey.  Great speakers, I've owned many models from LRS to 20.7. Great company, product and affordable models. Decooney thanks for sharing the interview.

I had Tympany IIIs and must have sold 10 pairs of 3. panels. Jim Winey will be remembered with the greats, Edgar Villchur, Saul Marantz, David Fletcher, Paul Klipsch and William Zane. Nice going Jim.

I have owned Magnapan since 1982 - I got hooked on them when I heard them in college in the late 70s in a stereo shop in Evansville IN.

All of my systems have been built around Maggie’s. Currently have my Peter Gunn modified 1.6qrs paired with The Swarm subs in one system, and 1.7is with a Maggie base panel in my second system. Once I started pushing these panels with Krell - I reached a sound quality equal to systems costing in the mid 20s and up. 

Rest in Peace Jim Winey. My Maggie’s have helped keep me sane by reproducing my music and allowing me an escape from the stresses in my life with the push of a button.

Another legend in the high end audio business has passed on.  Throughout the decades Jim's contributions to this wonderful hobby have been substantial.  May Jim Rest In Peace....

Sorry to hear this.  Prayers and blessings to his family.

Groundbreaking design.  I must admit these don't fit in a dorm room very well.  We had a set of single panel ones, can't remember model number.  I was around these alot about 10 years but never had room when I got my own apartment.  Great sound then and great sound now.