JADIS DEFY7, can not get it to sing

Hi
I hope some of you old pros can help answer my,,well lets say help me figure out how to get my Jadis defy 7 to sing. I purchased the amp used (like new, as the seller had a  Jadis JA200 mono blocks laready and the Defy sat quiet, So I bought it in 2008. Months later i purchased a  MINGDA tube pre amp, sounded AWEFUL, Not even close to my jadis Orch reference, KT90's EI tubes, that intergrtaed was really all I needed, i made a  huge costly mistake selling and buying the  DEFY 7, I do believe that w/o a  powerful pre, to DRIVE the FQ's into the Defy, the Defy will not respo9nd. 
The sound is flat, lifeless, no dynamics, The Orch Refer had HUGE sound stage, bass, GORGEOUS life like mids, nice sweet highs. 
I wanted more and bought the Defy,. 
I just had the Defy cked in Baton Rouge, had the KT90's brand new EH tuibes biased . 
I have a  ONKYO preamp arriving next week and am about to buy a  Mitshibushi Pre amp, 
I have a  LITE LS9 , chinese tube preamp, and that pre sounds like the,,no worse than the heftier Ming Da. 
This Lite LS9 is suppose to be a copy of the Jadis 200 pre, It weighs only 7 lbs, the trans is light weight.
I get  the idea the jadis Defy needs a  great hefty powerful prem, which is what folks told me back when i bought it, I did not believe them. 

I am low on  cash and will list the Defy for $3500 and i will pay shipping. 
I will then wait fora  great used Jadis intergrated, say a  DA50.

But I 1st want to try the 2 solid state pres to see if i can get the Defy to wake up.
It I can get some better respose , i may keep it and look for a  good used Audio reserach or a  macnintosh.
I do not have $6K for a jadis pre used. 
My budget is $1K
any help is greatly appreacitaed.
I have the uncredibly  SEAS Thor MTM speakser along with the CAYIN tube cd player with upgraded opamps .
As I say I am very close to selling the hge, hardly used (Like New) amp, due to my doubts that I can get the amp to respond like its tiny brother , The Orch Reference. 
btw I am the one who coined the tag *shootout* wayyyy back in 2000, or 2001 
I stared a  thread of speaker shootouts,,,and based on that long thread, i bought the SEAS THor kits. 
I now see *shoot out* is now the common tag for speaker and stereo components comparison.
My old login was Bartokfan.
Look forward to any suggestions in my dilemma.
paul
new orleans
mozartfan
Well, True, I guess there have been great SS amps, Luxman, and others,,but the price tag has been high. 
And in the end, $ to $, Tubes high end (Jadis/Cayin vs high end SS, take your picks,,,at least for me, the more decided flavor would be w/o question, the tube amp.
Have you guys not heard/read about *The Magic of Tubes*?
Sure you have.
OK , yes here in New Orleans, we have no high end show rooms, I've not heard a top end SS amp,,nor many (Jadis Orch only great tube in my listening exp) a  top tube either.
So I can only go by what I read and what my experience of the Jadis Orch Reference.
Based just on the Orch Refer EIKT90's. there is no SS amp that will bring me what i demand in my classical  listenings. 
Sure if you A/B a  fine SS vs a  tube,,I might not be able to decipher,,,maybe I could./or not..

Lets say I am biased,,which is not a  good thing in stereo, but in my case, i am biased and stubborn.
My Cayin MT35 went out after 2 days, 10 hours,.,,I need to take it up to Baton Rouge Advanced Video, have Mark look at it,,bought it 3 weeks ago, Chinese dealer says, thats very odd, as he has sold many of these amps with no issues. maybe my Thors 4 OHMs were too much for my flipping the switch betwix ULTRA LINERA mode and TRIODE.
maybe i should have stayed with the more wattage of the 2 offerings. anyway one channel popps and hisses. 
I told him I will work with him and not to worry. 
I am fair and if my tech thinks the SEAS Thor   had something to do with this issue, I will take most of the repair cost and sell it cheap, 
paid $800, looks like i will lose my shirt on that one. = less cash for my Cayin SC6LS pre...
this hobby can really get expensive
So you have something from Cayin that developed problems in under 3 days and you're still worried about having the money for another Cayin product? As so many of us keep telling you try slowing down and reevaluating and develop a new plan. Take your time save your money and buy something really good when you can afford it. Buying once and buying right can be cheapest of all even if you spend more than you planned.
Mozartfan,     I have not the knowledge of the learned ladies and gentlemen here.   I also was disappointed by the hijacking of your post so to get back to a Jadis point. 

I run a DA30 and I know it's integrated but by far the best valves I ran were EI KT90s.  They blew at the same time as an output trafo so not sure which blew first.  At the time Jadis advised that the amp would be unable to handle KT120s without modification so you may want to check.  JJ EL34s I tried also but while musical did not rock enough. 

Last year the Power supply blew so at huge expense I returned to Jadis who fitted new power supply and claimed the KT90s were faulty and at huge inflated cost €120 each fitted what seem to be EHKT120s. Now they could be hand selected but are in plain white boxes. 

The 120s give much more oomph but musically I think the EI KT90s had better mids/highs although maybe highs drowned out less.  I tried for the pre section all sorts of AX and AU,  Not the crazy cost NOS Mullards, telefunkens etc but cheaper marked versions etc and Amperex were easily the best for my ears with mids and highs and stage but surprisingly the cheaper new golden lions did well and I kept some as spares for that reason.  (the Amperex glow too much for my liking)

I know it's totally different amps but sharing anyway as possible Jadis characteristics. 
@ Andrew
Yes the EI KT90's i suspect are not as stable/long lasting/as the new EHKT90's, but ,,oh what a  musical tube, GORGEOUS,,but sadly the usage is  only 1500 hours and then they short out.
The tech guy here in New Orleans said about my Defy 7 , as i wanted to have it cked out before i pulled her in after sitting some nearly a  deacde,,,*Oh the Defy has power trans issues,,blah blah blahhh,,I reserached it online and found several tech blogs stateing the Defy had trans issues,,blahblahb lahhhhh(,,In desperation i cked Baton Rouge and google had ADVANCED VIDEO with many 5 star comments,,I drove up, and 2 weeks later said *good to go*,,*All I did was put the bias right to the KT90s;s,,and also your tech guy in NO had AU's in the AX and AX in the AU front end*,,,!!!???%%$%&**&..Got home hooked it up to my Lite LS9 jadis clone/Cayin CD17 and herad a  hum at opening powerup,,,now i figured maybe the New Orleans tech guy was correct,,,,put the Lite , Defy /cayin CD 17 in my Jeep, drove up 100 miles to BR, and had to hear live session, so he had no other pre to hear,,and we both heard a  *MINESCULE/TINY hum* at powerup,,,,,,he said has to do with grounding, not to worry....got back home, order the Xiang at $300, had 2 types of reviews,,Great vs cheap chinese junk,,it is indeed cheap chinese junk,,but the hum disappeared at startup,,so i knew its not the jadis, it was the Lite LS9,,,The Defy is dead quiet.
I have the LEAF Class A pre arriving later this week, I have my eye set on the cayin SC6LS MARK 2.

Cayin makes incredible well built amps/stereo,,Maybe my Thor SEAS speakers were just too much for the lil amp.
Has a 4 ohm speaker post,,but still the Thors are a  very very demanding speaker.
The Defy is the job for the Thor's. 
My hunch is , the Cayin GORGEOUS 845 has incredible mids,,but will lack that crystal highs which i need.
The EHKT90's, may not offer the same musicality as the now very rare, priced wayy too high EI KT90's, are my best bet for the Thors demands. 

However, i see i am transforming intoa  stereo junkie, and may later on order the 845 cayin. , asa  *2nd System*. 
I have a  400 classical cd collection of say 25 composers and all deserve a  Two Level Listening Experience.
Amperex is the most muiscal of all front end tubes, . The Bugle Boys sing like no others. 
The higher glow does not bother the least.
Now i have to drive up to BR tomorrow  and dump off 2 units,,The Lite LS9, which after repairs, can't fetch much = will take a  hit on that,,and the cayin MT35 will also cost me $$$$. The chinese seller wants my tech to respond to his tech guy, to find out what exactly went wrong, as he  knows Cayin are built like jadis, Tank quality. 
The hobby is bankrupting my $900/mo SS ck.

OK, Here is what i am thinking. If the LEAF delivers muddy/murky/muffled mids/lacks crystaline highs (I am not worried about bass,  as I will employ a  subwoofer), so if the Leaf has no improvements over the 1) Lite LS9
2) Xiang 728,,Then I might have to suspect the issues are with the,,,EH KT90's. 
Yet if I note a  clearer/cleaner mids, some crystal sweet highs/sound stage/dynamics, HIFI Fidelity,,then i know it is not the EH, in fact it was the 2 other pres which were limiting the Defy,,and if this 2nd senario plays out, this will open the door to sell off the Leaf and bring in the Cayin SC9LS,,and will roll the caps to Mundorf Silver Oil. and roll the 6922's to Amperex.
The Leaf should be here by saturday. 
I hooked up the jadis/Lite , to make sure the cd player/speakers had no shorts,,In fact it was the new Cayin which has issues.
Sadly i may have to cover the repair,,but will ask the ebay seller to split the cost.
I try to be fair and equitable , as this is the proper modus operandi, honorable ethos. 
I need someone to give me imput in a  possible combo cayin 845 with the SEAS THORS at 4 ohms, very high demand. 
Is the 845 power output like a  300B amp?
Needs high senitive speakers for ideal performance. ??anyone?