Is there a DAC ranking list?

This is a follow up from my previous thread seeking more definition and presence in my music.  Among other ideas, I was advised to get a new DAC and several brands were tossed out from $100 to $1700+. The world of DAC’s is large, and I’m wondering if there’s a ranking list for them, similar to Crinicles list for earphones.  I especially like the value ratings on that list, such as “Redefines the price bracket.”

Here’s a recap of my scenario:

I listen to jazz at lower volumes on radio.garden.com via my Apple iPad pro

My room is big, 20ft by 40ft, no carpeting or drapes, with a corner LP triangle

Apple AirPort Express Wireless Router a1392 300Mbps

B & O BeoLab 8000 powered speakers, 10ft from the LP 

Hsu ULS15 Mk II 15in sealed sub imid-room

Paradigm Monitor Series 7 12in sealed sub mid-room via wireless transmitter

Monoprice cables 10ft and 25ft, 22awg, 3.5mm plugs to RCA connections 

I am sure there are many good and great DAC’s out there.  But are there some that punch above their price category?  I also don’t want to pay a premium for one that exceeds the quality capabilities of the rest of my system.

My music sounds “A++” with my Moondrop Blessing headphones, so listening to radio.garden.com on my iPad is giving me the quality of sound that I am seeking for my speakers.

Also, I don’t know if I need a DAC with a preamp or a streamer.  Thx for any ideas you might have that could help me.

128x128tcotruvo

UPDATE: I bought a Bluesound NODE 3rd gen, and connected it through an AiMesh WiFi repeater dual band 300+867Mpbs.  I started by tuning in to Radio Paradise MOA music.

WOW!!  I was impressed!!  Prior to this, I was pleased hearing a few notes on a few selections that sounded real and present.  With the above, everything sounded that way. I was looking for an upgrade, and I have more than I could have hoped for.  I'm going to sit back and enjoy this for a while!

I have cat5 wiring nearby,  Would using that be an improvement over using the repeater?

Does anyone have a suggested way to access free jazz radio stations on the NODE?  I’ll explore subscriptions after I settle in to how and what I want to listen to.

My background story is that due to work and outdoor play, I had stopped listening to music on my JBL L220 system and sold it.  I do listen to music trough my earphones daily.  Then I ran across a set of B&O BeoLab8000 speakers and decided to get back into listening.  Since then I’ve added 2 subwoofers, new earphones and now the NODE.  Every choice has been a good one so far.

My original post was to find a good value DAC because that had been suggested.  I ended up with a different outcome and it worked well for me.

The NODE is too far away from my chair to use my Moondrop Blessing 2 earphones, but I can plug them into my iPad and go back radio.garden jazz stations when the need arises.

Hello,

Best overall DAC: RME ADI-2 DAC FS.
Best High & DAC: Cord Electronics Hugo 2.
Best budget less than DAC $ 200: Schiit Modi 3+
Perfect Portable DAC: Audio Quest Dragon Fly Cobalt.
Best DAC / Amp Combo: Cord Electronics Mojo.

Regards: Uninstall The Sims 2

Congrats, you're at a perfect starting point. Now you can begin listening to a wider variety of music instead of equipment like many do here.