Is there a clear definition of what "Integrated" means?

Driver / input / output stages

Phono stages

Tone controls, source selections, balancers

Amps can have all or just some of these.

Is there one thing that must be included to be called an integrated?

clustrocasual

@soix but what constitutes the "pre-amp"? Any kind of driver or input stage that increases the signal before the output amplification? And a variable resistor which modulates the grid of the input stage ie volume control pot. ?

but what constitutes the "pre-amp"? 

Who cares???  If you have an amp that has a volume control it’s an integrated amp. It matters not if the preamp section is active or passive, it’s still an integrated amp. 

“A preamplifier, often abbreviated as preamp, is an electronic device that amplifies a weak electrical signal to a level that is strong enough to be processed by another device, such as a power amplifier or a recording equipment. Preamplifiers are commonly used in audio systems, home theaters, and recording studios to boost the low-level signals from various audio sources, such as microphones, turntables, and musical instruments. By amplifying these weak signals, preamplifiers help to ensure that the audio signal remains clear and free from noise and distortion as it is passed through the rest of the audio system. In addition to amplifying the audio signal, preamplifiers often include features such as equalization, tone control, and volume adjustment, which allow users to fine-tune the sound to their liking.”

Conrad Johnson calls their integrated amps Control Amps.  Basically a power amp with volume, balance , and input selector

My first Integrated Amp in a long time, the Cyrus i7XR also has a DAC .   Integrated Amps have come a long way and some are quite good.

My Dad has a McIntosh 8950 and it is a killer one box solution