Is Solid State Preamp and Tube Amp A Good Combo?

I happened to come across a pair of tube Rogue Magnum 120 mono amps which I would like to try out. I don't have a preamp to specially match it with but for now I have McCormack TLC-1 solid state preamp.

Would I get good results with this combination? Is this also called hybrid? I thought a hybrid setup is a tube preamp a solid state power amp.

I do not have any experience with tubes but am willing to try out.
morgandogge
Yes, you'll read a lot of posts about using a tube preamp with a sand amp. No reason not to do it the other way round unless you really can't deal with the heat of the output tubes in you listening room. Everything depends on how the gear sounds together.

I use a Klyne SK-5A solid-state preamp with a pair of Audio Space Nova M34 monoblocks.
I used to have McCormack Micro Line Drive hooked up with VTL MB100. I loved this combo. IMHO you'll get a large dynamic headroom vs. tube pre and SS amp due to the large out/input impedance difference.
I agree with all said by the so far majority here. I will add ss to tube ... less fuzz on the peach ... more dynamics. But as one said it is all in the the total of the entire system ... down to wire matching for sound and .... of course somewhat your taste and ears.
I'm using a Rowland Capri linestage with Melody 300B SET amps and it works beautifully! I needed a pre that could be left on all the time, but couldn't give up the sound of tubes...result has been excellent! Not quite up to my Atma-Sphere / Atma-Sphere setup in a different room/house, but quite satisfying, nonetheless. Of course that setup was almost 8 times more expensive too!!

If your speakers are a decent match with the amp, it will work well!!
I've tried it both ways and so far the Rowland Capri preamp and VAC Auricle Musicbloc amps have been the best combination.