Is my DAC my weakest link?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this sort of thing. I recently bought the following system used:

Thiel CS2
Rotel RC-1070
Audionics BK-ST 140 (BT-2)
NAD 5000
Music Player II DAC

It sounds great and I am very happy with it. I am wondering, though, whether the Music Player II might be outdated. I know everything is old (hopefully some of it in a classic sense), but I have been wondering whether more recent technology might have greatly improved DACs. Would it be worth it to invest in a more recent DAC, and if so, what price point would be roughly commensurate with the system? (i.e. no need to improve the DAC beyond the capability of everything else).

I stream Tidal HiFi through Audirvarna Plus to the DAC.

Thank you for your insights!
ryunosuke13
Based on that component list I would have to say your weakest link is the lack of power cords, interconnects, and speaker cable. Power line conditioner? My guess is you are still using the factory fuses. Cables laying right on the floor. As Kurtz says in Apocalypse Now, "The horror. The horror."
Thanks to everyone for your input! I will definitely check those out.

millercarbon, I don't know what interconnects and power line conditioners are. I do have some cables in midair and some on the floor, you're right--I should avoid that, I take it? I will ask whether they are the factory fuses. Some cables are monster and some are audioquest, but I don't know what kind exactly. The speaker cables are probably original I am guessing.

If you are looking for a good, inexpensive power conditioner, I recommend Furman with SMP and LiFT. The least expensive unit is still pretty good and a relative bargain compared to pricier brands:.

https://amzn.to/2Un9dql

The biggest drawback of this unit is the lack of multiple filter banks. For that you need to move up the ladder in Furman units, or Shunyata or what have you, but given how expensive they get, it's cheaper to buy several Furmans. :D
@ryunosuke13 - What amp do you have? You say "Audionics BK-ST 140 (BT-2)". However, that doesn't seem to be correct. 

Audionics made a pre-amp model BT-2 and B&K made an amp model ST-140. I'm guessing your amp is a B&K ST-140, correct?