Is Modern Jazz an Oxymoron?

I am a huge jazz fan and 90% of my listening time is listening to instrumental jazz artists from the classic jazz era of 1950's to 1970's. Excluding jazz singers and a few more recent jazz artist who play classic jazz style I can't stand modern jazz.

My question to jazz fans is if it is my limitation or is this a common thing amongst classic jazz fans? Or did you finally come around and learned to appreciate modern jazz? If so which artists?
128x1281extreme
Chris Potter and any band he plays with, especially Dave Holland groups.  My biggest pet peve has already been mentioned...so many young guys have come out NEC and Berkley where they learned to meld classical music with jazz.  Yuck!  Combining the two is an art form, but it is not jazz or classical.  Maybe it is Clazz...
"Is modern jazz an oxymoron?"

No, but smooth jazz is a misnomer. It's neither smooth, nor jazz.

LOL .. so true. Although, to be fair, I think there may be one or two who are a cut above. Chris Botti comes to mind. I saw him live years ago when he opened for Sting and he was fantastic. Not exactly my cup of tea at this point in time but I still enjoy listening to him on occasion.
Agree totally. I love bebop jazz, especially the 60's. 

Check out KSDS Jazz 88.3 from San Diego, they usually hit the sweet spot for old school jazz. Mike LeDonne is a great current practitioner. Also whoever Ron Carter and Tony Williams are playing with (but they're pretty old too). 
I stream Tidal and stumbled into a an album titled:
Weltentraum Live (Philharmonie Berline)
Released 10/31/2014
Track 8 titled Little Person (live)

This piece captured my attention.  Wait until you hear the string bass come in.  Rich low notes just fill in the low end.  This piece would be a great demo piece to listen to a system.  The recording is just stunning.  The sound stage just captures everything.  Just wish I could have been there.  It is just a one of a kind piece you won't forget.  His piano work is really well done.  What a tight group.
@jaulbrich 

agree

chris potter and dave holland are true masters, still at the top of their craft

awesome skills and musicality