Is it possible to get Hi-end sound ??

Hi guys,
Now, that I am inspired with this hobby, I would like to as you if is it possible to get Hi-end sound without to spend a fortune or selling the home ??
I am poor and want to find the way to do it if possible.
Some ideas !
Thanks,
Jorge.
dvjorge
Hi all,
I am impressed with your answers. You all are awesome. Ok, This is what I already have, Paradigm Studio 100 V2 speakers, Monitor Audio Silver S2 speakers, and B&W DM 602 S2 large bookshelves. My cd player is an NAD 521, amplifiers are vintage Sansui AU-517 and G-5700 receiver. Speaker cables are Straight Wire Stage. I owned an Nad C-370 integrated and a Rotel 1070. Both were sold because they couldn't sound better than the vintage Sansui gear. (IMO) I also have a Monster Cable power supply with 3 step of filter. I listen to light rock and pop mainly. Styx, Supertramp, Phil Collins, Genesis, Elton John, Billy Joel, etc.
I am not totally happy with the sound yet and have $ 1000 to spend to get an improve. I was thinking to find something such as an used McIntosch, Rogue Audio or any other tube preamp or integrated to feed the B&W DM 602 S2. I will need another cd player and was thinking in Cambridge Audio or Arcam. The fact is my best music system ( the Studio 100 are in my HT system for movies ) is the Sansui 517, NAD 521, and the Monitor Audio Silver S2 bookshelves. For some reason, I don't find the B&W matching good with the old Sansui. The reason because I have old Sansui amplifiers is because I haven't found any thing new that compare to them with the price I can pay. Sansui was the best japanese made during 1970/80. Even the Rotel and Nad I have owned couldn't sound better than the vintage Sansui.
Thanks,
Jorge.
As I said elsewhere, about $5000 buying used will get you a really good sound in a room that is not big. Move slowly, upgrade all components one by one. Acceptable sound with no turntable can be had for less.