Is Aurender N10 still a good option

I am just getting into streaming and I am bewildered by the number of options. So many reviews etc. So I come here to get advice from real people (I hope).

I have decided on Aurender, because they seem to be a brand that people trust generally and have uniformly good reviews.

I have had good experiences (better prices for good quality) with buying used, but in this case the tech feels so new I am wondering if the N10 which seems to have come around starting in 2015/16, I am wondering if it would be better to get a new N150 for approximately the same price.

Also, not an expert, but I think IIRC I can use my Ayre C-5xe as a DAC even if eventually I want a dedicated machine for that purpose.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

saulh

Showing 1 response by deadhead1000

I upgraded from Bluesound to the N200 and love the N200. I used the same PS Audio DAC on both of them. I know I could probably get even more from the N200 if I upgraded the DAC now. 

I did look at the N10, but decided to get get the latest from Aurender. And I had a lot of digital files, so the N200 made more sense for adding SSD's to it. If I had gone with the 20, I think I would have had to upgrade the rest of my audio chain to hear the difference between the 20 and the 200.

Although it would be nice to control the Aurender with a Laptop sometimes, it works just fine with a pad or phone and In some ways, it would be annoying to have to use a laptop. 

I don't think you'd go wrong with either the 10 or 200. Just my experience and reasoning behind getting the 200.