Is AES/EBU the same as XLR?

I was curious to know if I can use the same analog XLR cables that I currently use between my cd player and preamp for the connection between my digital AES/EBU output on my cd player to my DAC.

Are they the same cable? If not, what is the difference? The connections look identical to me.

Thank you.
Ag insider logo xs@2xaaronmadler
i will add that my favorite audio buy ever is the van den hul first cable used as a digital interconnect, which is pertinent in that i don't believe that it's the recommended 75 ohms. i bought it as an analog interconnect, but after reading that some people used it as a digital cable i gave it a go and loved it. been itchin' to try my vdh "second" cables as digital interconnects, but i don't have any xlr digital stuff.

so you never know what will sound good.
'so you never know what will sound good.'

I second that! Have often been surprised. Give it a go and let us know.
One thing keeps puzzling me, characterization of cables as "DIGITAL". All cables are passing through is variation in voltage, how that makes it digital?
@aaronmadler I started a thread similar to yours last year then went on buying a few to experiment it myself. The result was a jaw dropping ... and exciting. Link below.
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/i-need-an-xlr-digital-cable
Thought I'd chime in on this aes/ebu  discussion. I like others have tried cables from many mfg ( most of them the higher price point models) The hands down winner for me is the Kimber Orchid. It's not cheap, but for me the search is over. I have no desire for further experiments.
           Denman