Is a Ortofon Black a step down from a Pickering XSV 3000

I currently use a Pickering XSV3000 cartridge with original stylus.  Sounds pretty good.  I do not hear many modern cartridges that sound like this one.  Is the Ortofon Black a considerable step back from this cartridge?
tzh21y
This is great stuff!
Dear friends: This is very interesting:

Effective mass -- the smaller, the better:

0.970mg Shure "bi-radial" (0.4x0.7mil, MM)
0.750mg Ortofon X1-MCP (p-mount, high output MC)
0.500mg Ortofon OM10 stylus (bushed elliptical, MI)
0.400mg Ortofon OM20 stylus (nude elliptical, MI)
0.400mg Ortofon X5-MC (HOMC, nude FG)
0.370mg Shure Elliptical (0.2x0.7mil, MM)
0.330mg Shure bi-radial on V15-III (MM) (berillium control rod)
0.300mg Ortofon OM30 stylus (nude Fine Line), OM40 (nude FG), MI
0.290mg Technics EPC-P202C (p-mount, MM)
0.290mg Shure HE on V15-IV (MM) ("telescopic shank")
0.270mg Denon DL-301 (MC)
0.250mg Denon DL-207 (MC)
0.240mg Van den Hul Colibri (MC)
0.230mg Technics EPC-P310MC (p-mount, MC)
0.220mg Ortofon Jubilee (MC)
0.180mg Denon DL-303 (MC)
0.170mg Shure Micro-Ridge (0.15x3.00mil, MM)
0.168mg Denon DL-305
0.109mg Technics EPC-P205CMK4 (p-mount, 0.2x0.7mil, MM)
0.098mg Technics EPC-100CMK3 (MM)
0.077mg Denon DL1000 (MC)
0.055mg Technics EPC-P100CMK4 (p-mount, MM)
Effective mass -- the smaller, the better:

Better what?

And what is the reason to put these particular carts in the list ignoring the others?

Hi everyone..I hope someone can help me..stupidly I broke the D5000 stylus of my beloved Pickering XSV 5000 after cleaning the diamond tip too hard the cantliver no longer holds the weight .. after so many years of excellent sound , now I'm desperate: obviously I can't find any original stylus or NOS, and even if I did, I probably couldn't afford the cost, which I've read all over the web, it's scary ... the advice I would like from all of you, who are super experts, is whether it is better to settle for stylus reproduced, like this one: https://www.lpgear.com/product/PICKSXSV5000.html or if any of you can advise me else if there is better, or replace my beloved Pickering with a new cartridge..but which one can be considered the same or even better quality than the XSV / 5000 ???  and what are the costs?  my XSV 5000 is on an SME 3009 lll S arm mounted on a Thorens TD160 Super MKll, pre VTL Deluxe, VTL 75/75 power amp with Pro Ac super tower mk ll, recently reconated: I listen, and as a pianist I also play , mostly jazz, fusion, but I also like other genres .. I liked the dynamics of my XSV 5000 ... what please advise me to do?  Thank you

To the OP. My guess is that it would be. I had that Pickering back in the day. Not the best cart I ever has, but VERY good!

Have you considered having your stylus assembly rebuilt? I know this is a course of action usually reserved for MC cartridges, but in this case if you are desperate to preserve the original sound, and if you cannot find or afford an NOS XSV5000 stylus assembly, a rebuild may get you closest to the OEM sound.  The Stereohedron and Stereohedron II styli are no longer made, but Shibata is a close approximation. I have no experience with the LP Gear replacement but since the cost is modest, and since the tip is Shibata, you might also give that one a try.  (I don't know the material used in the XSV cantilever, but you want to replicate that as well to preserve the SQ as much as possible.) Chakster will not or would not approve of either course of action.  I also don't know if the LP Gear XSV5000 replacement is the same as or different from their XSV7500 stylus assembly, but an XSV7500 stylus will also fit your cartridge and can be regarded as an upgrade, assuming the LP Gear product is a good one. Simplest solution is to buy the LP Gear product and be on the lookout for an OEM stylus as you continue to enjoy your cartridge.