Is a Music Hall MMF 9.1 a significant upgrade over a Thorens TD 160 mk ii?

While I've used Audiogon for research for many years, this is my first forum post.

I am considering the purchase of a Music Hall MMF 9.1 to replace (or, more likely, simply displace) my Thorens TD 160 mk ii.  I can get a very good price on a used MMF 9.1 in good condition; but after extensive research, I remain uncertain whether the MMF 9.1 would actually be a significant upgrade from my current table, which I love.  [For reference, but not provocation, I auditioned a heavily upgraded and well set-up VPI Scout a few years ago and found it underwhelming compared to the Thorens.] Both reviews and detailed forum discussions are surprisingly limited for the MMF 9.1,  given how long it's been in production.  While I recognize that there's no substitute for hearing a table in person, I would welcome some insight from anyone who has significant firsthand experience with both of these tables, and can speak in some detail to how they compare.  Please note that I would be replacing the stock Eroica cart on the MMF with a Grado Reference Sonata (MI).  I would be using the same cart on the Thorens.  And either table would go into recently upgraded phono stage and amplifier that will not be upgraded again for several years.

I am particularly interested in the MMF 9.1's ability to simultaneously deliver detailed transients and taut, focused bass.  I listen at low volume levels to a variety of genres, but primarily alternative rock, classic rock, blues, acoustic guitar, and classical.

I am aware that many other turntable options exist, but for purposes of the present discussion, I am only interested in a direct comparison of these two tables.

Thanks, in advance for your help.

cmdc
Thanks, boofer,

Your experience would seem to bear out my own sense of how far up the MMF/Pro-ject lines I would like need to go to find a significant improvement over the TD 160. 
I've had the following turntables in the last 5 years: Music Hall 5.1 se, Project xpression III, Rega P3, P5, RP6 and RP8 with about 14 different cartridges priced all the way up to $1280  including  MMs and MCs. I now have a restored Thorens TD 150 and 160, and both beat any of the other  more modern TTs in my opinion. BothThorens TTs have Jelco tonearms, which make cartridge swapping a snap. The $1280 cart. is an Ortofon cadenza red; my most expenive MM is a Clearaudio Virtuoso.