Mitch2 - I’m currently using two QSA Yellows and four Blues. Mike just sent me a Violet to replace the Yellow fuse currently in the IEC for my Atoll IN300. If the Violet sounds as good as everyone states, I plan to upgrade to the Red within the three month period. I have not found anyone who has bought the Red/Black QSA fuse but I did find someone from What’s Best Forum (romaz) who bought the Silver fuse and compared the Silver to many other tweaks he’s made (which are some impressive tweaks). He said the Silver is the best tweak he’s made. Below is the link, so please take a gander. Quick question, have you tried a QSA fuse?

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/qsa-my-take-on-their-expensive-products.33833/page-3

@stevebohnii

Quick question, have you tried a QSA fuse?

No, I have not tried one and do not plan to go down that particular rabbit hole. The aftermarket fuses I have tried have done basically nothing of significance to improve the sound of my system over long-term listening. OTOH, I have heard profound changes and improvements resulting from component and speaker changes, smaller changes due to cables, damping/support of components and speakers, and digital filtering, but basically nothing noticeable from changing/adding fuses and other small tweaks.

However, I have seen many accessory type products marketed to audiophiles as “game changers” and then when sales plateau, the manufacturer releases an upgraded version of the same product - i.e., the next game changer. I also find it interesting when posters on this site and other sites “review” these products and proclaim fantastic levels of sonic improvements resulting from the tweak yet then a few months down the road they have moved on to the next level of the same product or one from another manufacturer. How many times can a tweak transform someone’s system? The audio industry is far from alone in propagating repetitive cycles of manufactured demand for upgraded products. I used to see it annually with ski equipment and mountain bike parts, and I see it with everyday stuff like mattresses. It’s the American way.

Buyers must judge for themselves which products and improvements are worth the money. If someone chooses to spend their money and if they hear an improvement, then great for them. Based on my own experiences, I simply choose to no longer play the game, at least not with fuses.  Good luck with your QSA fuses and happy listening.

Sent from my iPad