integrated amp with phone for graham ls6 under $4000 new

looking for an integrated amp with phono stage under $4000 for my graham audio ls6 speakers to be used with a rega p3 with haha sh and node x. considering naim xs3 and marantz 30. anyone made a comparison, especially the phono stage? marantz 30 can play mc or mm cartridges so i’m leaning that way. also supposed to have a great phono stage. also considering (but it is a bit more) the Exposure 3510 Integrated Amplifier with phono or sugden with a cheap external mc/mm phono like Cambridge Audio Alva Duo. looking for a new product, so around $4000 new is my price point. mostly listen to jazz and classic rock in a medium sized room. thanks!

matsel

Showing 2 responses by mdemaio

I have those speakers, which I purchased from Gene Rubin. I have heard them with the Belles Aria (standard version), LFD LE VI, and the Exposure 3510. All are great pieces of kit and each has its strengths, but my personal favorite overall when paired with the LS6s is probably the Exposure. Gene’s a great guy and will steer you in the right direction depending on your budget, room, needs, etc.

As for a phono stage, I’ve yet to find something that significantly bests my Heed Quasar for under $3K. I had my Exposure outfitted with their internal MC phono pre board, which is quite good, but the Quasar beats it by a wide margin. YMMV. You can occasionally find an older model Quasar (mine is a Mk2) for $600-700 used, in which case it’s a no-brainer. I personally could barely tell the difference between the Mk2 and Mk3 (currently model) when I considered upgrading.

Bottom line: Can’t go wrong with the Exposure, or doing business with Gene (I have no financial interest here...just happy with the experience).

FWIW, Morrow Audio has a 60% off sale running through the end of the month. They have different price points, offer good value (from personal experience), and have a trade-up program. I use their speaker wires (level "4" in their product line) paired with my LS6s and find them to be a great match. They're also light and flexible, which is an underrated benefit (I hate stiff speaker cables!).