InnuOS Sense 2.6.0.

The update contains a major upgrade to Sound quality. My Zenith Mk3 sings like never before. Any similar experiences?

antigrunge2

Showing 6 responses by tump350

@shredsled when i say Qobuz albums, I mean those albums that I have access to through my Qobuz membership and added to my Qobuz library, but did not purchase.  So whether Qobuz downloads the entire album to my Zenith and then just shoots a key over the internet to unlock it everytime I play it or streams the entire album, I don't know.  From some past posts here, I seem to remember that it is the latter. Yes, the Zenith shows up under "audio" -- actually, my Zenith is the Roon Core and the three streamers linked to it (BMC Ultra Dac and 2 ProJect S2 Stream Boxes) show up.  However, Roon has been buggy besides not working as described above -- sometimes displaying all and only playing the ripped CD's and other times not displaying all albums and not even playing ripped CD's or allowing "pause" and "play".  Maybe I have to uninstall and reinstall Roon, don't know. I let let you know what i see.

Well all is well and fixed. Without doing anything more, I simply logged out of Roon, waited 10 minutes, logged back in and everything works as it should.

@jimintally agreed! After the 2.6 update, the music has a more substantial presence (easier to ’see’ full size musicians and instruments). For me this translates to a significant improvement in the depth, musicality and microdetails apparent in the mid-base.

Happy listening.

My screen name has nothing to do with political issues.  It was coined in 1992 by a girlfriend -- unfortuneately, and by mistake, I omitted the "h" from the original nickname in a note.  The misspelling stuck.  But I do like the improvement in SQ brought about by the 2.6 update.

@shredsled I’m having the exact same issue. After the update to 2.6 everything worked fine for one album, then I went to bed. Update took 5 to 6 hrs to complete.

Today, roon and innuous see all my ripped and qobuz albums, each of my 3 endpoints, display all albums, notes and track selction yet won’t play a song. Volume is 100% and the progress bar does not indicate the song is playing, only flits back and forth along the line until I hit pause. Seems like for some reason, the song itself is not loading, or is not seen. I've never had this issue before. Did all the hard reboots you described and even switched my Zenith MK3 to Sense from Roon. Same issue. So I switched back to Roon core and nothing changed. Keep us posted on your resolution. I may have to start a repair ticket with Innuos as well.

Update: without changing anything, I can now play through the Roon interface one of my ripped albums but not Qobuz albums. However, Roon is no longer displaying all albums or able to filter by genre so, at the moment, I can't see if more ripped albums will play. I am now thinking that Qobuz or Roon is having a site problem, or that the update has various incompatiblility issues with these services.  I havn't retried Sense yet -- not keen to do so.