In the sand box

I have 2 audio buddies who have built component sandboxes with different types of sand. They claim Beach sand is the most dense and made a huge difference when the turntable and amp were set in them. Has anyone else been down this road? I mean there are several ways to isolate equipment, this is just one of many.

hilroy48

@bhrapp +1

When constructing an structure for the Isolation for Audio Equipment, using Tiers of Materials will produce the most noticeable of the improvements to be discovered.     

My contragravity suspension systems work well, but it's a supple trick to place/replace the next LP without bumping inadvertently.....it took awhile to learn the trick without the TT skating away....literally.....

Yeah, yeah, yeah....the DOD and their ilk kept showing up, waving hands, later weapons....they Finally got tired of their various agents 'disappearing' with no trace or clue....

That and most have trouble dealing with a 3D world as it stands....

....even with something as simple as sound.....😏

Efficacy of a sandbox depends on the turntable design in my experience. With my Acoustic Signature Final Tool turntable a heavy sandbox made no discernible difference. However, replacing the factory "cone" feet with Stillpoints did make a difference. I also imagine what the sandbox sits on also is a factor.

DuPont Zircon M sand is the most dense ( Heaviest ). You guys think you’re so anal, you should spend some time around competitive Bench Rest shooters.