If you have a nice system why do you really need room treatments?

Yeah you may need an absorption panel if your room is completely open, ie. No rug or furniture, ie just lonely single chair. But if your system can't cut it in any room then it's a system problem and you should be able to discern a good system regardless of the room.  Unless you put it on the roof of your apartment building but the Beatles seemed to have survived that effort

I think people go nuts with all this absorption acoustical room treatment stuff and it looks kind of awful.  Once in a while you see a really cool looking diffuser panel and I would definitely want one. But to have a system that works really well without any of the acoustical panel distractions is a wonderful thing.

emergingsoul
Post removed 

Using dirac, I did acoustical measurements and the original curve versus DSP were very similar.  It got a bit smoother. The original subwoofer curve looked normal.

These measurements were done in a room that had virtually no acoustical treatments other than corner bass traps it was a normal living room with furniture.

I wish I could attached the curve pictures but this forum don't allow photos to be attached I guess.

Would love to know if other people test their rooms before and after doing acoustical panels and how the curve changes.  Lots of the acoustical treatments are voodoo science with results that may not do very much most of the time and actually served to dampen the room sound quality

Very few residential rooms have any positive "room sound quality". The improvements with room treatment has as much to do with reducing "room sound" reverberations that distort the sound coming out of the speakers. This is really more important than modest deviations in frequency response, and will improve the sound quality of any room.

Like pulling teeth to get a description of the OP's system and room.  Shocking, he has room treatment, although not sure if the room information provided is complete.  At some point measurements are taken, with bass traps in a normal living room.  It is not clear what was done to the room to cause a second set of measurements to be a little smoother.  

If room treatment is excessive, according to the OP, but based on measurements - What is the problem???  No doubt overdone room treatment exists as does no room treatment.  Personal choice!

The OP again demonstrates circular discussion, dissing room treatment, withhold system and room information, finally reveals personal room treatment along with implication of expertise regarding room treatment.  Can anything from this OP be believed?

Acoustics has nothing to do with "vaudoo science"

You are misguided completely...

But if you think that some panels on a wall solve all acoustics problem you are right ... They do not... But that does not means that acoustics is a superstition created by audiophiles.. Read a book ... 😊

Lots of the acoustical treatments are voodoo science with results that may not do very much most of the time and actually served to dampen the room sound quality