If you have a nice system why do you really need room treatments?

Yeah you may need an absorption panel if your room is completely open, ie. No rug or furniture, ie just lonely single chair. But if your system can't cut it in any room then it's a system problem and you should be able to discern a good system regardless of the room.  Unless you put it on the roof of your apartment building but the Beatles seemed to have survived that effort

I think people go nuts with all this absorption acoustical room treatment stuff and it looks kind of awful.  Once in a while you see a really cool looking diffuser panel and I would definitely want one. But to have a system that works really well without any of the acoustical panel distractions is a wonderful thing.

emergingsoul

Oh yes. Put your stereo at any price into an untreated gym and play it really loud. If you enjoy it that way, more power to you.

I can attest to the fact that it is not fun to listen to a stereo in an untreated gym. I've been working on mine for a couple  of months now &  it's getting to the point where I'm happy. Just a few more tweaks.

That’s a great looking room and system.  Consider a large wool rug in front of your system.  Wool reportedly has the best acoustic properties over synthetic materials and you can adjust, position it to taste.  (Aurally and aesthetically).

Yeah I've got an area rug that I plan to put there and see if it has any effect. Aesthetically I don't need it but if it improves the SQ I'll move it in and out as the room function changes.

Sorry, but that is an incredibly ignorant view of how sound works.

A room isn't some benign bystander. Just because it doesn't have bare walls and no furniture it doesn't mean it has no impact. The dimensions of the room itself can ruin even the best music equipment by creating nulls and standing waves.

Is the OP trolling us? Or does he earnestly know that little about sound and acoustics. Either way, I'm dumber for having read that post.