If you have a nice system why do you really need room treatments?

Yeah you may need an absorption panel if your room is completely open, ie. No rug or furniture, ie just lonely single chair. But if your system can't cut it in any room then it's a system problem and you should be able to discern a good system regardless of the room.  Unless you put it on the roof of your apartment building but the Beatles seemed to have survived that effort

I think people go nuts with all this absorption acoustical room treatment stuff and it looks kind of awful.  Once in a while you see a really cool looking diffuser panel and I would definitely want one. But to have a system that works really well without any of the acoustical panel distractions is a wonderful thing.

emergingsoul

If you have a dedicated room, it need not look ugly.
I find great auditory and visual pleasure in my space. As I leave the reflective spaces in the rest of my house and enter my room, it is an "Ahhh" moment.

@timkeough1964 sums it up well.

Something is really off with OP comments. He has started 225 posts, and has had 897 replies, in the past 3 1/2 years. Somehow conveying details of his superior system and the room it is in is somehow problematic? Hmmmm…. 

It is not insensitive or unfairly treating someone with a disability to expect the same conduct as that of anyone else on this forum.  The OP has been asked repeatedly to describe his system.  A reasonable request, yet no response.  There is too much history of this OP starting a thread with a particular premise, then arguing both sides either in the same thread or another different thread.  

Too much evidence of no meaningful contribution by the OP, only stirring the pot until everyone finally realizes there is nothing new of value being offered.  OP contributions are pretty much, "Yeah, but . . ., Yeah, but . . . , Yeah, but . . .".

The best system in the world can not fix bad acoustics. If the room is bad, chances are no matter what you put in it, will not sound good, or better said, not live up to its potential.