If you have a nice system why do you really need room treatments?

Yeah you may need an absorption panel if your room is completely open, ie. No rug or furniture, ie just lonely single chair. But if your system can't cut it in any room then it's a system problem and you should be able to discern a good system regardless of the room.  Unless you put it on the roof of your apartment building but the Beatles seemed to have survived that effort

I think people go nuts with all this absorption acoustical room treatment stuff and it looks kind of awful.  Once in a while you see a really cool looking diffuser panel and I would definitely want one. But to have a system that works really well without any of the acoustical panel distractions is a wonderful thing.

emergingsoul

Here’s a video that speaks to this topic.  The clap example he gives at around the eight minute mark illustrates the point well.

https://youtu.be/DrPvXt5Anz4?si=Ka4Qs2-78ROMYVaY

@zuesman 

I definitely want to try them someday but I think how he is doing the testing should be considered. How many people stomp around on the floor while they are listening ? You can make anything vibrate if you give it a big enough shock. What does the needle do when there isn’t any sudden shocks ? I would like to see what the floor does when there is music playing. Put that needle on the floor. Again this applies to a concrete floor. And exactly how much vibration does it take to audibly change the sound ? 

@jperry Look at this as an opportunity to educate people and don't assume everyone is a longtime seasoned audiophile. If the person is just trolling and has a history of that in these forums that's a different story!

When the bass goes into the floor it comes back and comes into the speakers vibrating the speakers and distorting the sound so the needle would be jumping all over the place from the return bass coming from the floor, that's what I tried to explain to you when I put my speakers on the podiums all that bass vibration that was in the floor and the side walls was gone so what happened the sound stage got wider deeper more airy spacious and three-dimensional than it already was and the base got tighter deeper and more articulate, also the vibration doesn't go back into the stand and your equipment that's another reason everything sounds better because the equipment is performing at a much higher level.

When the bass goes into the floor it comes back and comes into the speakers vibrating the speakers and distorting the sound so the needle would be jumping all over the place from the return bass coming from the floor, that's what I tried to explain to you when I put my speakers on the podiums all that bass vibration that was in the floor and the side walls was gone so what happened the sound stage got wider deeper more airy spacious and three-dimensional than it already was and the base got tighter deeper and more articulate, also the vibration doesn't go back into the stand and your equipment that's another reason everything sounds better because the equipment is performing at a much higher level.