If you have a CD Player, you need to do this periodically...

I would rather imagine that most audiophiles are aware of this, but if not, may I recommend a very easy tweak that has always produced positive results in every system I've had:

Ayre - Irrational, But Efficacious!

Densen - DeMagic

These are System Enhancement Discs which reduces magnetism that has built up during playback. I'm pretty sure there are other products that purport to do the same thing. These two have certainly worked for me. Good listening!!

brauser

I’m sorry to go on a tangent…but with all the talk here about the need to “de-magnetize” I’m trying to understand the concept particularly when a big buck hi fidelity cable company is marketing their product as the new paradigm in sound.

But don’t (from what I’ve read in the ads) they basically have alot of magnets in their cables?  

PLEASE CLARIFY 

The most obvious improvement I've made using demagnetization has been the Walker Talisman.  I bought it not knowing how effective it is at the speaker terminals, just waving it back and forth for 5 to 10 seconds.   That really opened up my system.   My friends purchased it just for that reason after hearing what it did to mine (and theirs now).  Prior to every listening session.   My friends also recommended waving it over (one pass only needed) speaker cables, power cables and ICs.  Yes, I most notice it over the speaker cables, despite mine having incredible shielding.  Must work on the exterior static.   I barely notice the difference when waving it in front of my speaker drivers as recommended.   Back the terminals-wow!!!

I switched from using the Talisman to the Furutech Destat III.  It eliminates static from the plastic and vinyl when the latter are held in one's hand (not on the platter).  There is a definitive Youtube showing why and how.   

I did not hear much if any difference using the original Furutech CD demagnetizer previously mentioned.

It is safe to use it this demagnetizer cds with cables like MIT, Transparent and all network cables?

I don't see why the Walker could have any negative effect on any cable.   However, I used the Destat III on cables alone and didn't like the effect, so I used the Walker to reverse it.  The effect only lasts about a day anyway.

I use the 60 second Glide tone frequently.  It clarifies the music and everything sounds better.  I do this from a music file within my Macbook Pro..  I don't have a cd player hooked up and the results are noticeable every time.  What I would like to know is does anyone have an idea of how long the effect lasts?