If A.I. took the place of musicians, would you listen to it?

A few questions which I'm curious about. If you have a take on this, please share!

Here's the question:

A.I. is increasingly playing a role in music creation. Not just assisting composers, but generating music.

If you found an A.I. generated song to be enjoyable, interesting, etc. would you have any objection to supporting it by listening and paying for the service which provides it?

If more and more music was like this, and there were fewer and fewer jobs for musicians, would that bother you? -- I'm thinking here about the aesthetics of the issue, not the economics or justice of it. 

I'm trying to understand if people just want to have a certain set of sensations from music and they don't care if there are human beings creating it -- or if it's important for you to know that what you're experiencing from music (or art) is coming from human beings.

Thank you for thinking about this.

128x128hilde45

The Most Beautiful Birdsong

This music was created by an ancient kind of AI called Punctuated Evolution

"In contrast to the expectation of gradual change through cultural or genetic drift over time, the results instead demonstrate that plastic traits such as song can exhibit punctuated evolution, with bursts of trait divergence interrupting extended periods of stasis."

The Spectrum

This Reddit conversation amusingly suggests some music conversations/arguments we have all heard before or become embroiled in, and it also reflects on the topic of "AI" in an oblique way.

I've been experimenting with AI for song creation, and have come up with a playlist of songs for our new dystopia.  Many of the songs have a contemporary political theme, including "Donald Go Away," "AI President," and "Books that kids don't need to learn."  There are also songs about cats.

The musical styles are mostly contemporary.  The songs are short, 2-4 minutes. They are, I've been told, "catchy."

https://suno.com/playlist/0ec3d1fd-1b47-414e-aa1b-3623aef1798c

Perhaps you'll find the songs interesting and entertaining.  If you do, please give them a thumbs-up on the website.

Post removed