IcePower1200AS: Who has heard or has them, with what system components? Do you love them?

I love my EVS 1200, but it is anything but stock modules in a box. It's highly tweaked out by the mad genius, Ric Schultz, who modifys various class D amps. Prior to the EVS1200 I had PS Audio M700s, which I thought were very good and can be had for ~ 2K now, but I sold them because I wanted/needed more power for my 20 x 40 x 12 room and Ric's EVS1200 provided double the power at near the same price.

It was a bit of a risk in that I had never heard one, but he offered a 30 day money back trial. Well, it took my Emerald Physics KCIIs to a musical level that let me know I was keeping it. I was hoping to incorporate my 2 SVS powered subs (Ultra and Plus) with the KCIIs, but could not get them to integrate, and the room is too big for the KCIIs alone on power music.

About 3 weeks ago I replaced them with EP 3.4s, which is more than double the MSRP, and worth every hard earned dollar difference. 2 days ago I put on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon. I have listened to this disc with the following recent class D amps from W4S, Emerald Physics 100.2SEs, Audio Alchemy DPA-1, and the PSA M700s, but none of them through 3.4s, so while this is far from apples to apples, it does point to how great the EVS 1200 is, cause the music NEVER sounded as real and three dimensional as it does now, but, ~ 20% of the music I listen to needs more base , but the subs I think I needs cost $5K+. The great news is I have a pair of EP 2.8s coming soon. In addition to having the same 12" carbon fiber woofers with concentric polyester tweeter as the 3.4s, BUT, adds 2 @15" carbon fiber woofers in a de'apolito layout. These have been a long time coming. I'm pretty sure they will be my last pair of speakers

So what's your experience with IcePower based 1220 AS amps?
tweak1

Showing 2 responses by mrdecibel

So, tweak1, are you saying the 1200 is allowing you to not miss the GAN 350 ? You have stated many times, there is no comparison....that the LSA GAN is far superior in every way. I am currently shopping for a Class D that I can happily live with. My best always, MrD.

@tweak1...I tried a Warp One ( purchased new from Underwood ), and I was quite disappointed with it. A buddy of mine purchased one, and he loves it.