I want to replace the router/modem Comcast with a high quality for streaming

I wish to purchase a modem/ router for streaming high quality audio. Any suggestions? It must be compatible with Comcast/Xfinity

nyonalake

Showing 1 response by jji666

Just a balancing voice that most network professionals and engineers will tell you, as per the design of IP networks, there is no SQ benefit to "audiophile grade" network gear.

I've been through the debate and don't need to do it again so I won't debate anyone in this thread...I would just encourage anyone looking to learn from these threads to understand that network and computer professionals are vastly on the side that these audiophile products do not benefit SQ. 

There may be other reasons to upgrade components including avoiding dropouts.  There are different levels of quality in network gear for sure.  But most network and engineering professionals will tell you that sound quality isn't a benefit of upgrades. 

As above, this is just a cameo appearance to balance the discussion, no need to dive into the debate rabbit hole with me in this thread. Done enough of that in other threads and on other forums this week.