I want to buy new speakers for 50,000 and see it used for 30,000, what should I do?

two issues here, would it be smarter to buy the used speakers not knowing where they’ve been or how hard they’ve been played or maybe there’s something wrong with them. And the other issue is what happens to the value of my speakers immediately after the box comes to my house. And I guess the third issue is, amI insane for buying $50,000 speakers.

It seems like I’ll be losing $20,000 immediately and of course probably a little more since if I ever sell they will need to be reduced further so used price can be 30,000 if a dealer is involved which they probably will be.

This raises a serious concern that very nice speakers are just too expensive.

Fortunately (and luckily) I’m not married so that makes this process a lot easier

emergingsoul

@emergingsoul 

Maybe do your homework/research on specific speaker options for whatever amplifiers you own and then maybe you can take your own advice and buy new. That is , if in fact you are really going down the purchase path.

"though same experience could be achieved for considerably less"

The point I was trying to make was the difficulty of purchasing extremely expensive equipment which should be priced a lot less. 

That's what this whole thread was all about?  LOL!

Buy used from a reputable dealer.  The used are often last years demo.  Mine has credited me the full value of the prior purchase toward the newer speakers.  As a licensed dealer warranty applies.  And even if he doesn’t carry a line he stands behind the purchase.  I’ve gotten to demo new equipment in my own system and he sets up the purchase.  Turntable(reference) , phono preamp and speakers. Didn’t matter if it was a 8k purchase or a 40k purchase

knownwho you’re buying from and build on that relationship. 

@emergingsoul 

Easy to see why you're not married. You basically use this forum to brag that you're considering $50,000 speakers and all the reasons you can think of why not to buy them. Please  be considerate by not wasting our time.

brag?  Have you ever visited the virtual Displays of systems. This forum feature is probably the best in the world for showcasing peoples individual systems.  It's absolutely remarkable.  I can only imagine all those amazing systems that are not posted to this site.   Truly inspirational what people do in their homes.