I've decided to try Tubes

I have been going back and forth a while. I was thinking of the Yamaha AS2100 to replace my B&K amp (ZU audio Omen Def speakers). For some reason I now have a tube bug. I first thought about DECWARE and now thinking of Primaluna after reading great reviews. If tubes are not for me, both should be easy to resell. I have an opportunity on a Primaluna Prolouge 5 stereo power amp. It has autobias (which is a must for me) and is easy to roll tubes. It comes with KT88's which seem to have better lower end than el34's (from what I read). 35 watts per ch is more than enough to drive my Omen Defs loud if needed (101 db). 

Thought's on the PrimaLuna and ZU combo (Peachtree NOVA-PRE)? I listen to Classic Jazz, Classical and Classic - Prog Rock mostly. 

aberyclark
I started my audiophile journey with a solid state amp and quickly moved to a Decware Torii. It did so many things right, but it still felt lacking. Especially in the bass. I have since moved on to Pass Labs 30.8. 

The 30.8 was everything my tubes were and more. The tube amp was definitely fun to tinker with and look at. Great conversation piece. But when it comes to sound the Pass was better in every single way. 

I still use tubes, but now in a BAT PREAMP. Best of both worlds!
I started my path away from solid state toward tubes with a Rogue Cronus integrated. It was a revelation, but not the most refined amp -- serious bang for the buck, however. For a few months I switched between a killer Ayon KT88-based amp and a Raven 6L6 amp. Both sounded great, they were very different amps and I finally moved the Raven into my home office and kept the Ayon in the primary system.

These equipment changes are exactly what the doctor ordered if you want to find a solid excuse to change interconnects, speaker cables and everything else in the signal chain... (what a hobby, eh?)
Mdavid0 is correct…in a meeting of tube designers years ago it was determined that losers needed tubes too, so the KT88, 120, and 150s were designed to meet that need.
@buellrider, 
I have the Bifrost Multibit as well as a Modi, and just upgraded to the Gungnir.I didn't think it could get better, but it did.
 If you can move to Balanced interconnects, I recommend you do so. Though even using optical cable, the sound was improved using the Gungy.