I’m confused. Please explain.

Hello everyone. There are quite a lot of posts of people wanting their system to sound like real instruments like you would hear at the symphony. I don’t see the importance of it. I’ve been to the symphony one time recently and it was nice but until then I’ve basically only listened to music  made in a studio, amplified and then mixed. I have been to concerts but even that music was at least  amplified. 
Surely you listen to more than just classical music. Are you saying studio music can somehow be made to sound like symphony instruments? I  want my music to sound like it did when it was recorded if possible. I enjoy many genres of music so I don’t see why I would desire it to sound like I’m at the symphony. I consider my system neutral so it is true to the recording. Thank you for your thoughts. 

Regards 

Ron 

ronboco

@sudnh

I assumed with your many years of experience and knowledge you would have high end equipment and was curious what it was. With the exception of my streamer and lps being considered entry level ( I feel it performs excellent) I consider my Boulder , Rockport and Nordost gear high end. Add a custom built dedicated room and I really couldn’t ask for more. 

Everyone wants their system to sound the same way they heard the music when it affected them the most. They may claim some sort of 'natural' but really, it is just an excuse. What we all want is emotion. The sound of that perfect evening. The sound of Zep at a concert when we were 16. Something like that.