"I love it when a plan comes together!!!"

About three years ago, I had to downsize my audio system and move it into a smaller dedicated room in the house. First, I had to figure out which smaller full range speakers I was going try (room size 14’ x 16’). Then, I needed to go from separates to an integrated amp, amongst other things. From the beginning of my quest, I had already had an idea of what speakers and integrated amp I was going to go with. Now, I had to find and purchase all the items on the used market. Speakers: (Revel Salon 2), Integrated amp: (Hegel H590), DAC: (Ayre Acoustics QX-5 Twenty), all new cables throughout (except for the speaker cables), additional other tweaks, etc. Well, I found and purchased all the above mentioned items on-line, hooked them all up, and, once and got everything dialed-in, """""""voila." All my selections synergized just beautifully in my smaller dedicated listening room. I’m extremely please with the way thing turned out (sounds incredible!!!). Initially, I was very much worried that the process would be much more of a hassle than it eventually turned out to be. Just me sharing a little piece of my audio journey.  Happy listening.

kennymacc

That's awesome. Congratulations!

You never know how everything will sound together and interact with the room. You must have done your homework when selecting components. 

I haven't built a system from scratch for a long time with the exception of a small office stereo. We moved a few years ago and it doesn't work in my new office space, so it's sitting in boxes. 

Having a dedicated room that is optimized for listening is way more than half the battle, and you've won that. Congratulations and enjoy how special that is.