I have found out why new cables and tweaks actually work!

The issue is now solved via irrefutable scientific data and rigorous validation after unprecedented levels of physical effort. I now know why swapping cables works, and why a great deal of other tweaks work too.

I spent a great deal of time over the weekend cleaning my entertainment center. I used a Swiffer with the extending wand attachment. Immediately afterwards I went to watch a movie and the sound was clearer, cleaner than I’d ever heard it before. The video didn’t change, but the audio, it was so good I stopped playing the Fellowship of the Ring for the 10th time and went to listen to music.

Oh my goodness, what deep and extended soundstage! Not only could I hear deeper into all of my music but instruments had bodies and height! Diana Krall was so palpably present I wanted to buy her dinner. But what had changed?? Every single cable was left as it was, but I had cleaned!!

That’s when it hit me. All my tweaks and all my cable replacements did nothing. It was the cleaning I did every time I replaced a set of cables that actually caused the revolutionary transformations I was experiencing.  Same for every other audiophile!! You've ignored the cleaning and ascribed changes to gear.  We've been fooled!

On a completely unrelated note, I will soon be releasing my own line of advanced, jitter free, cleaning solutions, in peach, evergreen, unscented and Axe Body Spray fragrances.

erik_squires

Hey galvarado, I actually did my own single-blind test with music lovers who were audiophiles.  One pair of speaker cable was Mogami soundrunner, and the other I believe was one of the Wireworld Eclipse models.

The interesting thing was. without prompting, we heard the same changes, but the prefernce was markedly different.

Wireworld was darker and had better imaging.  Since I paid the most money for it I preferred it! :)  My neighbors prefered the brighter, faster sound of the Mogamis.

Tonally we all heard exactly the same thing.  My neighbors did not hear the changes in imaging until I asked them to listen for it.  They agreed with which imaged better, but really wouldn't give up on the better mid-treble output.

Maybe because of that all my speaker cables now are made from Mogami. :D

My car runs better after an oil change!!! However, I can’t find the oil drain on my audio system!!! I guess I’ll have to use that new reverse illumination flashlight to look for them. It’s in the toolbox with the left handed screwdriver!!! Happy holidays. Needed a good laugh. 

@galvarado69 : did you actually read the article you posted? Everyone has a Google Machine these days.

It was not a controlled test. It was an Internet poll. Which are typically only attended by cable deniers like yourself. Copy / paste:

———-

In order to determine if people could hear the difference between a coathanger and a cable, we posted a poll in an earlier version of this article. We asked readers to listen to ten audio samples—two head-to-head at a time—and rate which ones sounded better than others, or if they were the same. In every single one of the five comparisons, one sample was recorded over a coathanger cable, and the other was recorded with a high-end cable.

On SoundGuys, the “both sound the same” option won every single poll question handily. While we didn’t have a large sample size, it’s more than the 2008 study’s sample set, so I’m happy with this.