I gre out of Be Tweeters

I was at a bar the other day (well probably yesterday .... hahahah)

In any event, I was discussing how much my taste in beer has changed. I started with lagers, especially Mexican brands. Then I became a Guiness snob, and then I went over to IPAs and Belgian Abbey-style ales. Now while I can tolerate a lager, I can't stand a Belgian white at all. 

What makes me think of this here is tweeters. There was a short period of time when I thought I loved Be tweeters. I've grown completely out of them. I don't particularly like the "affordable" diamond tweeters either. I'm done.

What about you? Is there a technology you liked  earlier in this hobby and now have turned completely against?
erik_squires
Salk uses a SB Acoustics Satori.

Not quite as good as the ScanSpeak AirCir.  I've used both and the AirCir sounds more 3 dimensional.  

Over the years I notice I go on and off with ribbon tweeters.    I have a few different vintages of carver amazings .   With modern dsp they can really be amazing     Sometime pieces they sing better than my more modern speakers.   Some material they should thin.   Similiar to electrostatics in some regards .