Hunting for an integrated for thiels cs 2.3. Anthem, Hegel, Bel Canto?

Hello all, I am looking for some advice/wisdom. I found a pair of delicious Thiel CS 2.3 that now adorn a vacation home in France. I am hunting for a good integrated to make them sing, on a skinny budget. Sticking with integrated as preamp/poweramp is likely more expensive. Aiming to stay above 100 wpc/8 ohms to have distort-free headroom. This is what I found on the used market in possible financial reach:

Bel Canto écoute 2i (The seller states the amplificator module was upgraded in 2020 by a distributor)

Hegel 160

Anthem int 225 (I have this driving cs2.2 in my US home, this would work quite nicely)

I know and enjoy the Anthem. I have never heard the Hegel but reviews seem quite enthusiastic, this is also a more recent unit with airplay and built dac, downside is limited inputs. Never heard a Bel Canto, this one is an older design (2002 I believe). 

Before anyone says Krell for Thiels, that is vastly over budget ;)

thank you for your wisdom!

nicolasm

While I have not heard them since they went to the dark side with a switch to Class D amplification,Peachtree Audio gear would fit your needs nicely & has the added benifits of having user switchable voltage so would work World Wide...

nicolasm

Nice score on those CS 2.3 loudspeakers. I know and can vouch for Anthem 225/225i and STR Integrated Amps. If considering Hegel, look at the 390 or 590.

I am not familiar with Bel Canto. Feel free to join Us over on Thiel Owners thread as well. We have many fans and owners of CS 2.2 and CS 2.3 loudspeakers on The Panel.

Happy Listening!

Like you, I had (still have actually) the Anthem 225 and it was a wonderful amp. I like it so much that I replaced it with the STR.  I can't say enough good things about it. The reviews are right.

If I were buying now, I'd make the same decision in a heartbeat.