Hum problem

Hi All,

I need a little help. I moved to new house and I love it, but during the day my system has annoying hum in it. I don’t hear it in the late evening—just in the day.

I have everything plugged in to a Monster Power HTS 2000 Power Center, but it doesn’t seem to help. FYI my system consists of a Rouge 99 preamp, a Bat VK200 amp, Cary 303 CDP.

Any suggestions?
xmore
Drop the ground. A couple of cheater adapters(3prong male to 2prong male)will do it. Most any supermarket or drug stores carry these devices.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have a couple of questions. On what do I lift the ground? My TV has a two prong plug. Also, where would one pick up a mondial magic box?

Thanks again
If your amp and preamp has XLR balanced imputs/outputs try using them. I had a hum or buzz problem that nothing I tried would fix (including sending my amp to Pass for reinspection). The balanced interconnects immediately fixed my problem.
Disconnect the coax going to your TV, if the hum goes away use a groundbreak on the cable. Go back and read my original reply.