Hubbell 5362. Anyone try this outlet?

It's of the Hubbell Pro class.
ptss
Post removed 
I use the 5362's throughout. I find them quite good, very natural sounding. I tried Cryo'ed 5362's from a company who Cryo's them. I found them to spotlight things, and they did not sound as natural to me. I won't mention the company, as I don't want to offend. It was NOT the Porter Port.
I use these http://www.voodoocable.net/VAPO.htm as they provide an Isolated Ground and work very well also cryo treated.

Chuck
"Voodoo" indeed. Voodoo Cable states that most audio grade receptacles do not have an isolated ground as the Voodoo Hubbell does, which is correct. What they fail to mention is, an IG receptacle in only of benefit when installed in a true isolated ground circuit (in metal conduit, with separate insulated ground conductor between the panelboard and receptacle ground pin). The receptacle box, mounting strap and conduit are insulated from the ground conductor. A receptacle with isolated ground installed in a circuit with non-metallic cable (12/2 Romex with ground) provides no benefit over a standard receptacle.
Gbart

The Hubbel web-site goes into explaining the workings of an Isolated Ground Circuit. Voodoo uses a Hubbel IG 8300 which is a standard outlet available from Hubbel just that Voodoo cryogenically treats it. And IG stands for, you guessed it, Isolated Ground.

I have not heard the one the OP makes reference to.
Yes Jea, the one on page 6.
I will check wit A Porter to see why he chose his unit.
Ptss, as a suggestion ask Albert next time he has a listing for his ports.I remember the original listing for the change over from 8300 to 5362,but can't remember the exact reason.Hope this helps.
Ptss,

You might want to contact Albert Porter about the Porter Ports he now sells. Just guessing the sound of the receptacle will be more neutral sounding than that of the old style Hubbell HBL5362 duplex receptacle.

From my limited experience with the non cryo treated Hubbell HBL5262 and the HBL5362 the sound is slightly warm of neutral.

Quote from Albert's ad.

Hubbell now manufactures the Hospital grade 8300 with magnetic steel back strap and galvanized plating. I've arranged delivery of Hospital grade interior parts, unplated in the 5362 body with non magnetic, brass back strap.

Sound in my system is identical and available in original Ivory and white with Dark brown and gray frequently in stock and always available special order.

These are Hubbell rated for 20 amp and a perfect replacement for both 15 amp and 20 amp outlets. These upgrade both the quality and connection of your electrical. They are Hospital grade and deep immersion cryo treated.

It appears Albert's new Porter Ports are a special run/construction receptacle manufactured specifically for Albert Porter.. Guts are the non plated hospital grade contacts of the old style HBL8300H installed in a 5362 body with the 5362 non plated brass supporting back strap.
The thing I have learned over time is to always use copper on the inside of the plug and not brass. Copper sounds a lot better to me.
Coxhaus, I've seen a lot of similar comments about the copper and some theory to back it up.
I use, under recommendation from a long time audio dealer, the Hubbell HBL5262 outlet. This is the 15A version. He insists that unless you are truly using 20 plugs, that this version will provide better electrical contact to the 15A plug blades.
I use, under recommendation from a long time audio dealer, the Hubbell HBL5262 outlet. This is the 15A version. He insists that unless you are truly using 20 plugs, that this version will provide better electrical contact to the 15A plug blades.
11-26-13: Oldears
Depends on which Series Hubbell HBL5262 duplex receptacle you purchase.

The Dealer maybe correct if the duplex receptacle is the Hubbell HBL5262 Extra Heavy Duty Industrial Series.
See page 6.

The Hubbell HBL5262 Compact Extra Heavy Duty Industrial Series duplex receptacle has the neutral "T" type contact configuration.
See page 10.

The HBL "Compact" Extra Heavy Duty Industrial series has a thinner body than the HBL Extra Heavy Duty Industrial Series. Also note the 2 white block areas on the face of the receptacle for panel and circuit identification info.

How do you know for sure which one you have?
With a pen light look inside the neutral slot, (longer of the two), of the receptacle face plate at the contact.
Does it look like the picture on page 6 or the picture on page 10?
Jim
11-26-13: Oldears
Oldears,

By the way, thanks for the post. It would appear to me if all you need is a 15 amp receptacle and you are looking at the Hubbell HBL5262 (15 amp) vs the 5362 (20 amp) Extra Heavy Duty Series the HBL5262 would be the one to buy.
Surface contact area as well as an even surface contact pressure against both sides of the neutral blade of the plug would be better with the HBL5262 than the HBL5362
20 amp receptacle. JMHO....

Just an added note, per NEC code, a 15 amp duplex receptacle can be installed on a 20 amp branch circuit.
Jim