HSU CCB-8 or Bower & Wilkins 600 Series Anniversary Edition (5 mid-bass)

I've been looking at the HSU CCB-8 Bookshelf speakers for the L/C/R speakers in my home theater systm.   I like HSU products as they consistently provide high quality output at an attractive price point.  These run about $400 each with a package price of $1,139. The HSU's are direct online purchase and have a shipping fee of $150 for the L/C/R speakers.  Don't mind the extra shipping charge if the HSU's are the better speaker.  

In that same price range are the Bower & Wilkins 600 Series Anniversary Edition Speakers (with 5" mid-bass).   The BW's are available at Best Buy for $799 a pair, but I would need to buy a center speaker if I went this route.

Does anyone have experience with either or both of these speakers?   My sense is that the HSU's may deliver better bang for the buck, but it's hard to ignore the pedigree of the BW's.

Appreciate any input.    Regards.

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmichaelspiellman

Neither.  You can buy these SVS Prime monitors in perfect condition from their Outlet area for $275 each with free shipping and a long, risk-free home trial period (shipping included).  Frankly, I’d consider going with their Prime Center speaker for $399 as it is outstanding.  Best of luck. 

https://www.svsound.com/products/prime-bookshelf

Thank you for your input.  I've not had any experience with SVS speakers, but I know they are widely considered strong performers.  They are certainly offered at an attractive price point, especially with free shipping.  

Soix,

The 3 HSUs would run about $1,300, which isn't bad.  But looking around the SVS outlet site, I can get 2 SVS Ultra Bookshelves and the Prime Center for about $1,500.   Seem like a good value for those speakers.   

I'm just running a Marantz 1608 receiver (50 watts per channel, across 7 channels).   Is that going to provide enough juice to run the 3 SVS;'s and a couple of surrounds?  Looks like the sensitivity on the speakers is 87 db.    I have an HSU powered sub, so that should be fine.  

Thanks again for the info.