??? How Much Would You Spend ???

I’m curious about something...Lets say your going to build a system for a smallish room...For a hundred years,the recommendation is choose speakers first,then build around them...
So you fall completely under the spell of a pair of speakers with a $12,500.00 MSRP...What is the minimum amount you would spend just for your amplification with no eye towards any future upgrade?
Thanks for your participation,it is appreciated..

freediver

If I didn't already have extra components, and I was starting from scratch?

I would look HEAVILY at the Dutch & Dutch 8C speaker system. They are an all in one solution with streamer, DAC, room correction DSP, amplifiers, all built into the speakers.....just add ethernet, AES/EBU, or analog XLR and you are done.

I've heard them 3 times at shows, and each time have been more than impressed. $15,000 new, or $10,500ish if you can find them used

I’m sorry but it’s not a question of minimum amount. It’s about the bang for your buck that you get from carefully shopping for second hand or floor models. 

I bought a house for 1.2 million.  What should be the cost of the car in the driveway?

@audiodwebe I assume it is your third house. I think the proper car choice would be a Tesla. It must be a modest house for that price, so used Tesla 3