How much does your system retail for?

$23,000 - $24,000 I estimate. (Two channel, this does not include TV, VCR, etc.)

Please, keep the exagerations to a minumum, do not count CD's, equipment you have bought and sold, is packed away that you don't use anymore, etc..

Put the total first so it shows up at the begining of your post.

This is just for fun and curiosity of the diversity on here, don't take it to seriously. Simply evaluate what the retail value of your system is.
brianmgrarcom
$10,500 if retail $6200 out of pocket to make all the mistakes I have made before I learned so much here.
$59,000 w/2nd mcintosh pre-amp and poweramps thiel 7.2's(too heavy to move) still in boxes.just got back into vinyls-start the meter again.
$675 New! (Price of CDs and computer are excluded)

Equipment consists of:

Source: Monkey's Audio playing back via Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 soundcard

Amp: a T-Amp running on Wall Wart (SLA Battery and charger upgrade should not be too far into the future.. then next comes the upgrade caps and connectors of the T-Amp)

Speaker: A pair of Omega Super 3 (I see a small musical sub in my Crystal Ball and maybe a DIY tweeter addon running from my spare T-Amp)

I think this is one of the cheapest system on audiogon (at least for now!)

-=SGI=-

What your system retails for and what you pay are very different I hope. Thank goodness you can buy used on Agon. I would have to guess its entirely too personal to reveal what you spend but high end seems to have price points just like everything else. $1,000 $5,000 $10,000. There is no magic number I would venture to guess that most sane Agoners spend about $5-10,000 for their primary system going by the prices charged at retail, otherwise pick a number. $2,000 CD/TT 2-5K for amps similar numbers for speakers all new full priced.Nah make that $15-20k total for the "audiophile" $1,000 for the newbie.
$55

I got a good sounding sony cd player, and AKG k-300 haedphones, and the sound is pretty darn good !
No room acoustics to worry about, so it sounds like a concert stage - in my ear.

I am planning on getting a sony MP3 - add convenients of accessing my library in a second.

And I am adding a headphone amp - Class A for $140. This will further enhance the sound - further extension on the buttom.

Anyone without a proper room acoustics should consider getting a good headphones - will reward.