how big a speaker can you put in an 11 x 11 room?

the ceiling is 8 ft but a side wall has a 6ft opening to a 25 x 15 living room. the speakers would be in the 11 x 11 room. I like the Elipsas though the bass seems as though it may be too heavy in a room this size.....same for the Revel Salon2s.....i listen to jazz vinyl through Mac electronics.....
jedhartman
The problem in a small room is low frequency response. A small sealed monitor will work because there won't be a lot of bass. Otherwise, a full-range transmission line speaker will work. You will have bass, although you should have bass traps in a room that small regardless of the speakers, and a TL speaker will be easier to place than a ported full-range speaker. The Salk Sound SongTower or Veracity QWT would be good choices.
no one is talking about the arro from totem, what a geat speaker with such a small footprint and big sound stage and depth....
Great point Dwhitt - Arros are great, especially with Jazz on vinyl, the OP's stated affliction of choice. Would also throw in a suggestion for one of the Kef monitors - I think the XQ series unless you plan to spend way more for the much better Reference. I owned some of their older low end ones and they were pretty amazing for the price in small rooms. Another to consider, is Usher series, they tend to throw a great soundstage in cramped quarters, not an easy feat.
How big is the doorway? You could put Elipsa's in there but it would be a waste. I would think you would be best served by a sealed box monitor that doesn't go much below 60-80 hz and use a high quality sub that offers a lot of eq adjustability like some of the Velodynes. A huge speaker in a room that size, and square besides would be a waste of money and time.
"A huge speaker in a room that size, and square besides would be a waste of money and time. "

No doubt.