How best to arrange cables in this room...

Hi all,

I may be moving my system to a new room in the near future, but the only drawback is the best placement for the speakers is on either side of the fireplace, which would mean my rack would need to go off to the side (image below - hopefully it loads).

In this arrangement, I'm not sure how best to run the speaker cables. Getting equal length cables would leave a ton of extra cable by the speaker closest to the rack. Also, I can't run the cable through the wall with the fireplace (which would be more ideal) so a solution to keep it somewhat hidden going to the far right speaker would be great since I don't love having cables all over the place.

I figure this is a fairly common 'problem' so wanted to get some ideas on how to go about it.

Worst comes to worst, I can put my rack in front of the fireplace, but id prefer to avoid that if possible.

128x128mmcgill829

Every gas fireplace I have come across is basically a small, steel firebox with a 6"-8" exhaust pipe that gets routed outside the home, surrounded by wood framing and drywall, creating a huge "shell" enclosing a lot of wasted space inside.  You can have any local A/V or Custom Integration company fish the speaker cabling through the giant, hollow framed box to the other side with minimal effort and with no issues to the speaker cabling.  

@paradisecom good point. I didn't even think about A/V install companies to do it for some reason. I'll see how it plays out. I may be able to sacrifice use of the fireplace and just put the rack in front of it (im in Texas after all, how many times a year is it going to be relevant to use a fireplace), but have some convincing to do.

The price of 22'+ speaker wires would be a healthy chunk of change, and having to deal with probably 12' extra wire on one side would be a little annoying, but there's options.

If it was me, I would move my listening chair to near the fireplace!

On the uneven cables, my bedroom system’s speaker cables are unequal by about 6’ and I hear no effects. 

The price of 22'+ speaker wires would be a healthy chunk of change, and having to deal with probably 12' extra wire on one side would be a little annoying, but there's options.

@mmcgill829 , 25 ft SVS Soundpath ultra speaker cables should run you a bit under 200 $/ pair. It tends to have a thicker meatier sound and looks decent. Don't bash it a priori because it is "affordable" by audiogon standards, i.e., try it before you bash it. I use it for long run surround channels and have also tried it back to back for mains against AQ cables that cost more than some rigs. I seem to prefer the SVS cable with some mix of components.