How awesome is the McIntosh MC501?

If you love this amp like I do shout it out!! I have 3 of these beauties for home theater, paired to a 402 for surrounds, and I love them!!

Let's hear about what you do with yours, why you feel upgrading is or isn't necessary, and why you think this is one of the best amps out there.

What speakers allow them to sing for you? What cables did for you? Let's hear constructive commentary and critique, not just gushing adjectives.

Let's hear commentary on why you bought it, why you wouldn't trade it, why so many are up for sale right now, and any aspect of the 501 that has you loving it.

Let's hear it!!
mhelming
With the right speakers, MC501s make very satisfying music. I bought Sacman's last summer, mated them with Montana EPS2 speakers and a C2300 preamp, and the combination had good synergy. The EPS2 are forward in the mids with some brightness in the treble; MC501s are very smooth through the mids and a bit lacking in HF micro-detail. The combination worked well. Recently, I replaced the Montanas with PMC IB2i, which are simply extraordinary, balanced through the whole range. The smoothness of the Mac electronics was no longer needed or appropriate so I sold them. I enjoyed my time with them but I have no regrets about moving on.
I like them. They work equally well with both my Eggleston Andra II's and Thiel 3.6. I listen to mostly classic rock and they crank out dynamics effortlessly.
What does the 650mcx do differently?

I'm always thinking Krell will be my next stop.....