Hot off the press...Technics SL 1300G

I'm an admirer of the current lineup. Appears to be solid for the price point-$3200?

https://www.technics.com/uk/products/grand-class/turntables/sl-1300g.html

Once a Matt is on that platter, can a reflex clamp be used on that stubby spindle?

What do you DD users do with those less than flat gems found in the bins?

tablejockey

JP Jones found the tiny flaw in a PCB that was causing my Victor TT101 to malfunction, after two other excellent techs could not. I then also bought his recreation of the MN6042 chip, which he installed in my SP10 mk3, even though the OEM chip was working fine (because JPs discrete version affords a small improvement in speed accuracy vs the original). So thanks, JP, wherever you are.

I own a 1200G. I also have both a SOTA clamp and an HRS weight. I prefer the weight because the clamp imposes stress on the spindle whereas the weight does not. I cannot detect any sonic difference in the use of one over the other. 

The arm lift is manual and works very well. 

"I prefer the weight because the clamp imposes stress on the spindle whereas the weight does not. I cannot detect any sonic difference in the use of one over the other."

jmeyers- 

So you can fit a rubber washer, place a LP over that and the clamp has enough spindle to dish the LP flat?

The spindle itself is a solid, machine cylinder made of stainless steel usually. How can it possibly hurt the spindle to pull up on it as with a record clamp? On the other hand a record weight undeniably puts added burden on the bearing and thrust pad. Those are wearable items. Somehow, the reasoning of the foregoing statement (see previous post) eludes me. The whole point of a record clamp is that it improves contact between the record and the mat without adding any appreciable stress to the bearing and thrust pad.