High value, giant killer speakers?

What speakers have you heard at any price did you find are fairly priced or a great deal and competed with offerings much more expensive (2x, 3x, 4x etc)? 
smodtactical
Very few, if any, contributors to this excellent question are providing REASONS why a specific speaker is a superior VALUE for the price...IE, “a true “giant killer”. 
Here are the money reasons why this relatively little known brand IS: 
1) they are shipped in a DIY “kit” in between about 4 and 7 packages depending on the model chosen (from 4 different countries, each of which make the specifically selected components) 
2) Shipping costs are therefore substantially more cost effective. It’s cheaper to ship 7 “little” boxes that 2 gigantic ones that require a pallet and special handling and delivery requirements.
3) they are shipped from the individual manufacturers of each of the components DIRECTLY to you...not to a retail dealership, who needs to pay costs for retail premises, staff, commissions, insurance, electricity. heating and air conditioning, business taxes, inventory, etc., etc. This is a HUGE cost of buying at a retailer! Ask yourself, what’s the mark- up (wholesale to retail) by the dealer and WHY does that have to be that way? Well, it does have to be that way or the retailer will nor be in business.  
4) YOU assemble the components. It’s simple, if you know one end of a screwdriver from the other. It took me 5 hours. Therefore, I paid no one a dime for the cost to have someone else do that. 
5) the reason these speakers are so “under the radar”, is because the “manufacturer of the speaker systems”, does not spend vast sums of money advertising in trade magazines. Huge savings in his overhead, making it possible for him to pass saving on to the purchasers while still achieving his required profit. Every speaker company requires profit! 
6) So how does this speaker system “manufacturer” sell? Trade shows, and word of mouth...personal referrals, and from the most extensive and informative Web site I have ever seen... smart marketing in the money sense. AND, number one, VALUE FOR OUTSTANDING SOUND!!! Without achieving that, you are dead in the water. (Well, maybe not. It’s surprising what people will buy with such little due diligence.) 

As an additional bonus, you can customize them with your choice of several different (nearly) full range driver choices, including Voxative models, Tang Bang, Horns, etc. Etc. 
Additionally, those drivers are exchangeable/upgradable in the future with the easy modification to the crossovers (which you also assembled... with nothing more than that same screwdriver. Therefore, you can upgrade with out selling 80 % of your speaker system. 

SOUND: the model I selected for a rather large listening room, (PAP Quintet Horn 1 Neo 15) with 4 15” neodymium magnet (very fast) woofers, (in each speaker)  NO subs required!!!! .... exceeded IN EVERY RESPECT, the excellent sound of the Martin Logan Montis that I had enjoyed for the past 5+ years.  And I mean EVERY respect! So go through the 50 or so words we use to describe sound from speakers, and check off every one of them. 

This brand offers several models, with numerous choices for “centre” drivers to customize the sound for your preference.

One  last comment. The model I chose, besides being able to fill my large room, are about 96 dB efficient. I can blow myself out of my chair with my 8 watts, but apparently, 4.5 watts will do the same. That's what  they are demoed with at the trade shows.  You can save a LOT of $$$$ on not needing huge, expensive power amplification! 

At  double the price of new, these would likely rival many of the “best” out there, and simply blow away the vast majority! 

You want to know WHY a speaker is a “giant killer.... now you know. 

Do yourself a favour, if you know one end of a screwdriver from the other, (and can use an Allen wrench) and check this brand out  before you buy either new or used. 

I have no vested interests... just sharing some FACTS to consider, prompted by the question that was asked.  I am extremely grateful to the person that l learned about this little known brand from, thank you again, Rachel! 

PS: AI wish I could post a photo of my pair... I customized the open baffle German white oak 
in which the 15’s are mounted and these are now( I guarantee) one if a kind, in appearance. Ken

I just purchased a pair of Ascend Acoustics CBM340SE and TP24 stands which I filled with 60lbs of kiln dried sand and I am impressed to say the least. For $716 including shipping and $15 for 120lbs of sand I got a bargain! I own Revel, Canton,ADS, Polk, KEF,  HSU Research and Fluance as well and I have to say that these speakers are my favorites so far, and they have a terrific midrange response. If there is truth to break in I can't wait for that if they sound this good out of the box!
@llamalips, (dandy moniker!) If you haven't, you should hear the Ascend Sierra 2's.
Outstanding for the money.