High end Class D amps?

Just an observation and a question. Are there 'high end' Class D amps out there that are just as good as Class A, A/B amps? I realize that's a sensitive question to some and I mean no disrespect---but whenever I see others' hifi systems on social media, all of the amps are A or A/B. There's always Pass, McIntosh, Moon, Luxman, Accuphase, etc. Where are the Class Ds? For folks out there that want more power for less efficient speakers and can't afford the uber expensive Class As, A/Bs, what is there to choose from that's close to those brands? Thanks
bluorion
The Starke Sound AD4.320 is on a "Black Friday" sale for a preposterous price of $839. It is as good as the Purifi Audio modules in the NAD M33 that are getting great reviews. I own both and ordered another Starke today. Check it out! For a review, Google "Starke Sound AD4.320 review."  Don't let you preconceptions cause you to miss out on the latest developments in amps. Outstanding specs. Outstanding sound!
Theta, ATI, and Legacy all have really nice Class D amps that have rave reviews. I'm a class A A/B guy but I'd take any of these over most amps aside from the likes of Pass Labs, Mark Levinson, and Lexicon. I run all Klipsch Pro Audio speakers with sensitivities around 105-108db. I ended up with a Butler TDB3150 and it sounds great. I'm happy with it. It was a big difference from my Bryston 8B-ST's. 
I used a NAD M22v2 for a couple of years.  The NAD M22v2 build quality is superb. It's the only class D that I've ever owned.  The SQ was quite good and it drove my Tannoy DC8Ti 89db speakers with ease.

I replaced it with a BHK 250 and of course there's no comparison.  The BHK 250 is better in every way.  Being a hybrid amp at more than twice the price, I'd expect that and have not been disappointed.  I plan to keep the M22v2 and use it in a secondary system with a tube pre amp.
Some helpful insight here. Just starting to explore adding a sub to my system and wondering whether Class D is the way to go. The sub will run with an active crossover and is 94db efficient with a stable 8ohm load +\- 1db. I like the idea of a small mono block like the D Sonic but would appreciate opinions on whether Class D would be good in this application.