High end bookshelf speakers for Small room

I have to downsize my listening room. Looking to get a pair of bookshelf speakers for a room size 13x14 which has furniture carpet and I plan to do some acoustic treatment if needed. Would love to get some subs as well. Currently I have rels510 which might be too much for this small room.. 

My audio chain - Aurender N20, dCS Rossini + clock, luxman509z amp. 

Music preference - Acoustic, rock, pop, piano, instrumental.. pretty much different genres. 

Sound preference - bold close to you vocals, clean detailed sound. Slightly warm is fine. 

Current candidates - TAD ME/CE, Joseph audio pulsar2, dynaaudio, Sonia Faber.. 

Any inputs here are much appreciated.. thanks in advance

saurabhgarg

Currently I am using an Audioengine 2+ speaker that I got for $170 last month. It is about the size of the Audience 1+1 that I owned at one time. I had the 1+1 v3.

In the smaller room that I am in now the Audioengine 2+ works better than the Audience 1+1 v3. It is easier to place. I have them on stands BEHIND me. I am using the great KEF KC62 sub with them. The 1+! v3 was the most difficult speaker to place that I owned. I kept the KEF LS50 over the 1+1 since it had less room reflection issues with the LS50 (still a lot to deal with).

Today the Audioengine 2+ are sounding decent with a Benchmark DAC3B,  a Schitt Mjolnir v3 preamp, along with the KC62 sub. Streaming is fibre based with a ROON client. A bit of a crazy setup but it may work for some people.

Saying all of that. I decided to buy a used Magnepan Mini system yesterday. I already have a Sanders Magtech amp (no longer on sale now) and I will replace the 2+ with the Maggies on the stands behind me. The 2+ will go on my desk when I want audio for my YouTube or sports viewing.

The Maggies will work the best of all the speakers I have owned in a small room because they have less reflection issues, I have owned the LRS+ before in a small room (a bit bigger than my current office).

I was considering the JERN speaker that AudioTroy was mentioning before. Again, the speakers would be on stands behind me. That JERN speaker seems like a great small room speaker.

I am also expecting to buy an open baffle desktop speaker from Requisite Audio. I have heard a prototype in June, and it was rather good. I likely should have waited on the Magnepan Mini until I heard the completed open baffle speakers but that will not be a short-term purchase option until I get some cash.

Nothing I’ve heard at any price point, new, used, or even DIY, remotely approaches the performance value of a pre-owned pair of these (the Linbrook monitors):

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650145923-tyler-acoustics-linbrook-monitors-plus-tyler-stands-linbrook-center-channel-and-tyler-acoustic-woddm/

The BOM of those monitors alone is worth more than the asking price. I get that you may not be looking for a value leader per se, but these Tyler models are such ridiculous value IMO that you could end up getting two pair of high end monitors rather than one, or put the savings toward future med expenses (which all of us will have eventually). I recently bought a pre-owned pair of Tyler’s smaller Taylo Ref monitors that utilize the same Seas drivers, along with top-shelf crossover parts. I am astounded at how well they perform for what I paid. I would have no reservations of pitting them against any current </=$10K/pair monitors. They are detailed yet warm, produce no cabinet noise, and are endlessly listenable with ZERO fatigue.