High end bookshelf speakers for Small room

I have to downsize my listening room. Looking to get a pair of bookshelf speakers for a room size 13x14 which has furniture carpet and I plan to do some acoustic treatment if needed. Would love to get some subs as well. Currently I have rels510 which might be too much for this small room.. 

My audio chain - Aurender N20, dCS Rossini + clock, luxman509z amp. 

Music preference - Acoustic, rock, pop, piano, instrumental.. pretty much different genres. 

Sound preference - bold close to you vocals, clean detailed sound. Slightly warm is fine. 

Current candidates - TAD ME/CE, Joseph audio pulsar2, dynaaudio, Sonia Faber.. 

Any inputs here are much appreciated.. thanks in advance

saurabhgarg

@deep_333 , reading your posts is probably the same as what cutting one’s self is like. There is nothing to be gained or any other redeeming value to it, but I do it anyway without really knowing why.

Without a doubt, PMC Twenty5.22i's.  I have them and run them through the same integrated you have.  They have a large sound stage and one that is fully rounded.  

I believe that Dutch & Dutch 8c speakers stand apart and above the competition as a small/bookshelf-sized loudspeakers. 

Having to deal with a small room after a move I pretty much have the same size as yours. I’ve had really good luck with the Reference 3a Reflector. It’s not a small speaker for a book shelf but I still run it with a pair of rel subs. I do turn the subs off sometimes for the hell of it. Sounds good with or without. 

I’m using a 50 watt class A amp switching between kt120’s and 150’s. If you’re looking for an extra warm slow fuzzy slippers speaker this isn’t it. There is something special about a speaker with no crossover. The 3a is not bright it’s very natural with a big wide deep layered soundstage that goes beyond the outside boundaries of the speaker. It can make bad thin recordings sound better than they should. The best part it plays all types of music very well.

I rotate other speakers in but always crave that ref 3a sound, I tend to use these more than the other bookshelf’s. 

I'll also recommend the Reference 3A Reflectors based on your room size and listening preferences.  I downsized my listening room (13 x15), and my Legacy Focus speakers were just too overwhelming.  The stand-mount Reflectors worked perfectly.  I then went with a pair of Coincident Frankenstein 300B monobloc amplifiers, a Backert Labs Rhumba Extreme preamp, and finished it off with the Grimm MU2 (DAC, streamer, ROON server) on a single upright stand.  No more big, honkin' gear with cables running everywhere.  Oh yeah, I added about $5k of acoustic treatment on the walls, ceiling and corners which made a huge improvement on the sound.  As @paulcreed stated, the Reflectors are "not bright it's very natural with a big wide deep layered soundstage that goes beyond the outside boundaries of the speaker."  They are rather heavy, especially with Sound Anchor stands, about 150lbs total, but manageable.