Hey Willie Wonka! How easy was it to install that 4490 board in the Schiit??

I am not anywhere near being a DIY kind of person and even more so now with peripheral neuropathy in fingers/hands but I really don't want the Bifrost gone as I am really really REALLY enjoying it :)
128x128starkiller
Starkiller-

I replaced by original DAC board with the Uber board, the 4490 sound be ht essentially the same process.  It was very easy overall.  The most difficult part is getting the LEDs to line back up on re-assembly.

Although this is a USB board replacement ... http://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/schiit-bifrost-gen-5-usb-upgrade-instructions... the process is nearly identical for the 4490.

That said, having had the MultiBit, I would not get the 4490, if you can swing the Multibit.  The MultiBit is amazing.  It has a rightness to it that I had never found previously with digital and has fueled a new round of intensive listening to music here in my late 50's.  One upside/downside is that your unit has to go back to Schiit to have it installed, but if you are worried about the 4490, it might be a good thing for you.

Search the forum for mine and others comments on MultiBit and see what you think.

-jim