Herron VTPH-2A vs Rogers PA-2 Phono Preamplifier

I know there are plenty of Herron VTPH-2A fans on this forum, and I also know that Herron has discontinued this model. Rogers reportedly benefits from tube rolling while the Herron is problematic to roll for better sound.

Sonically, how does the Herron compare to the Rogers?  
kennyc
That's what I do. Mine sounds so good, never have had any interest in trying different tubes. From what I gather all his stuff is like that. Negative reviews scarce, glowing praise aplenty.
Relax MC....I’m underscoring the futility of trying to roll tubes in the Herron...the statement below is hardly an attack. We are actually substantially agreeing about this product.

That’s missing the message about the Herron. What’s hard is IMPROVING the sound of the Herron via tube rolling.

restarting this thread re: Rogers SA PA-2, anyone with an updated experience. I presently have Luxman E-1 that Im happy with but have been curious about the Rogers 

I have no experience with the Rogers unit.  The Herron is hard to beat in its price range.  I bought a Cary Audio VT-500 about a year ago and found it to be a little more dynamic and detailed than the VTPH-2A.  The VTPH-2A has moved to a second system.  I'm surprised the VT-500 hasn't received more buzz.  It's currently on sale at the Cary direct web site for $3600.